1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reactar pad shooting vests

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Has anyone used a Browning shooting vest (or any other)with a Reactar Pad recoil reducer? Does it work? Does it create too much bulk? Would very much appreciate your thoughts.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's not very noticeable. The one I have has a kind of waffle shape but no noticeable weight.

HM

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I used the old style in a Browning vest. It worked well. I've used the new style inserts in Browning shooting shirts and they don't work so well. They absorb recoil, but everything slides around too much. In the vest they stay put and you can get a consistent gun mount.

If you want something to put in a lightweight shooting shirt, the LimbSaver "Past" type pad is the answer. Throw away the cover and strap, then just put it in the shirt's recoil pad pouch.

I have found that a 1 1/8" thick KickEeze Modified Trap pad with a 1/4" radius all around works better. A KickEeze pad plus a Reactar pad is too bulky and allows too much movement.

4. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I've used them in my vests for the last 10yrs. They work great.
    Cheers
    Gavin

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've got a Reactar pad in my Chimere shooting vest and I think it works OK...although it leaves a waffle pattern of red marks on my shoulder after a long day of shooting....I recently bought one of Tom Alsteen's shooting T-shirts with triple padding...LOVE IT!! works better than the vest...gonna buy more!

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

In my opinion, the Reactar pad is the best pad available. Like any pad though, the vest MUST fit well before the pad can do its job.

Fletcher;

If you "get a bit of a twist as the gun touches" your shoulder, you might consider checking the pitch on your stock. Your comment suggests that the toe of the recoil pad might be making contact before the heel. Both the heel and toe of the pad should make simultaneous contact with your shoulder as the gun is mounted.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning gun vest pads

browning shooting vest gel inserts