1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Stocking Rifle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have a barreled action Browning BBR , 7mm Rem. Mag Rifle that needs stock replaced. I realize this is an older gun , Synthetic or wood, preferable synthetic,cheaper.Any suggestions.

Happy New Year.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yeah, you should put a 700 dollar pice of feather crotch on so the horse can feel good when he scrubs it against the rock. Then when you fall down the side of the gulch you won't feel so bad.

HM

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

BBR is a magnificent rifle, large diametr bolt, 60 degree lift, and virtually indestructible.

I would be interested in your barreled action if you decide to do something else.

HM

4. RAU

RAU Member

Joe Woods
    Check out Richards Microfit Stocks. They sould have or be able to make what ever grade or style you want. Prices are reasonable and inlet is very close(should need very little if any work) www.rifle-stock.com/

Check out there site it's very good. Thanks Rick

5. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I have read some real horror stories about Richard's Microfit stocks. I just got a Rem 700 laminated stock really cheap from stockys.com.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Duckman....would you please elaborate on Richards Microfit Stocks?

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

Duckman, I restock many rifles with stocks from Richards Micro-Fit. I would be interested in hearing the tales you have picked up about those stocks. I might save myself a lot of trouble (but I won't hold my breath). Some companies may be having troubles, but Richards Micro-Fit isn't one in my book. You need to understand there is much more demand for pre-inletted stocks than the companies can keep up with. I am used to a three month wait. That is common in most of the companies doing this kind of work.

8. bill1269

bill1269 TS Member

I had my share of problem with richards micro-fit.they told me 8 to 12 weeks,but like stated that is about normal so that was fine with me,but after allmost 5 month they tell me it will be another 12 weeks to get the wood I ask for then I started to get a little upset.To make a longe story short received the wrong color stock,8 weeks late and it looked like theycut it out with a hatchet.will never order from them again.
    Bill

9. jhh

jhh Member

I have been happy with my dealings with Great American Gunstock Co. on rifle stocks, JH

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Check gunbroker, there is a guy on this site that sells just about anything for the BBR new old stock. I have a 300 mag. BBR that I got in 1978, very accurate gun.

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.