1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Pointing the Checkering on Blaser F3 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sprkee, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprkee

Sprkee Member

Has anyone thought, how the checkering on the Blaser F3 can be re-pointed over time ,since it is not the normal checkering ,but pressed checkering ? Just wondering, since most of us will need to do it at some point in time ,as all checkering wears down ,for a good grip . Thanks Brian

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Re-Pointing Checkering on Blaser F3 ?

What makes you think it's pressed checkering? Its most likely laser cut, that's what Krieghoff is using now, as is Remington. I'm not a fan of laser cut myself, I don't think you can get as many lines per inch that you can get with hand or machine cut checkering, and I don't think the diamonds come out quite as sharp either (although that might be more in how it is designed).

3. Sprkee

Sprkee Member

skeet_man is there a checkering tool to re-point the checkering on the checkering of the Blaser available ? I have not seen or heard of one ,have you ?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Probably not. It looks like their original design was more a pattern of dots than actual diamond point checkering (kinda like the Beretta fish-scale checkering, but smaller dots). Doing a little googling, it looks like they've since gone away from this and have gone to a more traditional checkering style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta checkering lines per inch