1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RE- O/T Going to New Orleans ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ljutic111, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Am I going blind or was this thread pulled for listing of a bad restuarant ?? We are just looking for a few places to go and see -- thats all !!! I tried a search and still no go ??

2. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Be prepared to loosed your belt a couple of notches. On my personal list of places that are a must, others may disagree. Cafe du Monde for breakfast or late snack after a tour of the Quarter, or anytime really. Galatoire's for the crab au gratin and banana bread pudding. Antoine's for the Oysters Rockefeller and Baked Alaska. Arnaud's for the shrimp Arnaud and Crabmeat Karen. Their pecan pie was pretty awesome as well. Brennan's for breakfast (get the milk punch). Commander's Palace is where a number of NOLA chefs got their start. If you have to go, the quail is fabulous. Last time I was there it was fair, but I understand they have a new chef now. All the difference in the world. I think the best gumbo is at the Gumbo Shop on St. Peter. That will get an argument started for sure, but you can get a good lunch for certain. Emeril's is a pretty good steak place, if you go sit at the food bar and chat with the chefs. I had some awesome gumbo there and the chocolate souffle was perfect.

As far as places to go see, do not miss the D-Day Museum. Period.

Hal Hitchcock

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. you got a good list above.. At Galatoire you'll need to try the eggplant stuffed with shrimp and crabmeat.. Their turtle soup is also one of the best around.. a stop at Irene's is useful too... Their food is fantastic too..

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

THANKS EVERYONE . I have about 16 places now to try so that should take up most of the week . She still wants to go to Emerils and my neighbors has been there 3 times and says Commanders Palace is the best but at $200 for 2 ?? Is this a fact. Takes a big bite out of the budget !!! We are staying on St Charles Ave so we must get a map and plot our week . Our first trip to NO was in 1980 after a visit in Denom Springs (sp)?? stayed with friends - transplants from NJ - and spent 4 hours in town with 2 small children before we continued on to Florida . We did visit the cemetery and will probably do that again ?? I originally planned on a day trap shooting but thats not on the ticket. I would have like to meet some one from there and maybe I will ??? I just might take a trap shooting tee shirt while I`m in town -- black of course ??? Keep your eyes open . Mike , if I`m on Royal St , I may come a knockin ?? Thanks again . We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner here and heading out on Friday .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.