1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Load 1 1/4 Hunt Load Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by unioncracker, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Wanted to get some different opinions on 1 1/4 oz hunting loads. I have plenty of 12ga old AA and STS hulls and cci 209 primers. Been using an old green dot load but want to bump it up a bit. Thought about longshot but it seems to require more volume which might be more expensive. Would like to get in the 1300-1400 fps range. Suggestions please.

Thanks

Buddy

2. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi there,
    Look at some load data for HS6 powder from Hodgdon. I've loaded some nice porch loads in the past with that stuff. Good luck!

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Herco is my choice. My Dad used it, so I keep the tradition going. Probably some better powders out there, but has always worked for us.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Herco is a great hunting load. Longshot, Blue Dot & 800 X also work well. Herco will get there as fast as the others with less recoil in my opinion

5. Mark Spears

Mark Spears Member

I used to load 1-1/4 oz of # 6 in a WAA12F114 wad with 29 grains of Winchester super field and a Win. 209 primer.

It was quick at around 1350 fps, the recoil was not too bad but the powder was a little dirty.

6. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

Thanks.Keep the info coming.Might add I also have a supply of WAA12F114 wads.

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Blue dot is a good powder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.