1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rcbs the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzt, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

BeBop, that wasn't the Grand mentioned in the other thread. I use an RCBS Grand now. It was one of the early models. There were some problems that have been subsequently fixed. Mine was updated at no charge. The factory insisted on sending me the new parts. Customer service is superb. So is the press.

When I had a problem, I called Customer Service. They always sent the part ASAP. They always asked if I was having a problem with x, or with y. I'd say no, but they'd say there others have had x or y problem, so they sent the parts just in case. I have a small drawer full of parts they sent, just in case. I've never needed them.

2. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I have a very early Grand. As zzt said, all the updates were free and they probed to make sure I have them all. The folks in customer service are the most knowledgable I have dealt with anywhere. Someone could match the service, but I don't see how they could beat it. Oh yeah, I like the loader, to.
    Dave

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have a first year Grand and have loaded about 60,000 rounds on it. They did have problems with the wad fingers and they fixed them. Customer service is second to none---even Dillon and I have those too. The thing I like most about the Grand is that I can mix cheap hulls from different manufacturers but of the same type and load and they look very good. I have two PW's that I load most of my competition loads on but find myself going back to the Grand for everything else. The only thing I don't like is the plastic shot cut off plate. If anything ever hangs, it will be dimpeled on top and you may as well throw it away. I keep six or eight at all times and have sent 20 or so back to them. No other part on the machine gives trouble. I have tried to glue a steel rod on the drop surface to no luck and I am thinking about making one out of brass. If RCBS would fix this, I would rather load on it than anything I have ever used and I have used them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.