1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RCBS The Grand reloader

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kentra, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentra

Kentra TS Member

Does anyone have first hand experience loading on a RCBS Grand reloader or have a close friend who has experience with this press ? For the amount of money required to purchase one, it would be great to hear whether they are easy to use,reliable, customer service, etc. I've owned a 9000G and was not happy with it and want to move toward a different progressive loader. The Grand seems to have a lot of great features. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Ken T

2. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

free parts for life (free shipping) best customer service, hydro available, i have 2. the best thing you will ever buy. its also very easy to adjust and change bushings(about a minute). i saw one for sale on here yesterday with the 20 gauge conversion, unfortunately i dont know how the convo is/works. with that said in my opinion it has been the best thing we use for shotguns, it will pay for its self in a hurry.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I love mine. Customer service is top notch. I had an early model and there were a few problems with wad guides, primer dispensing tips, etc. All were replaced with redesigned parts (actually, the same parts made out of a better plastic).

I've actually worn out a few plastic parts. For instance, the spring loaded grippers on the shell plate. Called customer service. No problem. Here's enough to replace all of them when the time comes. Oh by the way, if you have that many shells through the loader, this might be worn also. So I'll include replacements.

I can't say enough about how well the press works, and how nice the customer service reps at RGBS are. I chose it over the PW and the Spolar after trying each of them, and have no cause for regret. I'm a tinkerer and like to try new things. I've never once thought about getting a different loader.

BTW, after some careful adjustments, I can load by 7/8oz, 1oz and 1 1/8oz loads using my preferred components without have to adjust a thing on the loader, except powder and shot bushings.

4. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Have had one since 2003 and never have been sorry. All the things said above I agree totally with. The best customer service I have ever encountered and they speak American. BRGII

5. howie

howie Member

I was in a similar situation -- had a MEC 9000G, which while it was a good press had too many "bend to fits" to suit me. In addition, when it didn't drop a primer, I sometimes became befuddled and ended up with shot everywhere. I got ride of the MEC and got a Grand. The Grand is A number 1 in my book. Easy to adjust, very logical design which means it is easy to take apart and clean. Great customer service both for trouble shooting and getting replacement parts. If you get one, you will not be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rcbs the grand