1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RCBS reloader ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plumbguncrazy, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plumbguncrazy

plumbguncrazy TS Member

Is there a difference in a rock chucker press and a rock crusher press, if so which one is better, I'm comparing ebay items, and just starting to reload

2. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

PGC, I have been reloading rifle ammo for around 20 years. I don't remember what a rock crusher is. A rock chucker is to metalic reloading kind of like a MEC Grabber is to shotgunloading. Maybe not cutting edge, but the standard. They are about bullet proof. I don't know what they are bringing on e-bay. I have two new in the box that I would sell for $90 shippd. I wound up with four in a trade, am using two, the others are sitting in my garage floor. If you are interested email me.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

R.C.B.S. = Rock Chuck Bullet Swage. The company started out building tools for making varmint bullets. Riflegunbuilder is correct, the presses are Rock Chucks, but if you are in a destructive mood you can crush some small rocks with your reloader, I do that more than I would like with hulls that were raked up off our gravel trap range.

4. Landshark

Landshark Member

I sent you an e-mail about the 2 Rock Chuckers.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Someone has reloading presses and automobile transmissions confused. Back in the 1960s through early 1980s, General Motors' M22 four-speed manual transmission were nicknamed "rock crushers" after their extremely stout construction.

Ed

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

could be a typo there is a orange crusher that was made by Lyman some years back rick

7. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

There is - or was - a truly massive reloading press named the 'Rock Crusher' which, although it would load conventional calibers, was primarily designed for heavy-duty bullet forming and loading of .50 BMG AND UP. Die sets for 20mm Lahti, 20mm Solothurn and other huge cartridges were offered - if you're into that sort of thing.

If you're trying to load anything up to, say, .700 NE, I wouldn't bother. If you want to see it, try Googling it. They cost several times what a Rockchucker does.

Tony

8. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

The Rockcrusher was offered by Old West Scounger - past tense advised, as it is no longer on their website and they appear to be getting out of whatever reloading business they had.

It would probably be just the ticket if you were looking to reload something only slightly smaller than a main tank cannon round.

Or perhaps slightly larger. :)

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.