1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RCBS Grand Vs Mec 9000G

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nick1, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick1

nick1 TS Member

I have been using a 9000G for about 5 years. I have in my garage a NIB, unopened, Grand. Although the Grand is worth about $300 more depending on who you are going to give your money to, is it worth learning a new machine?

The question, should I stay with the MEC or sell it, or vica versa. What are the advantages of the Grand is my question. I have the MEC pretty dialed as most of us do with a 9000.

Thanks,

Nick

2. citadel

citadel Active Member

Sellit ASAP and get almost anything else. I used a Grand and found it to be an excelent piece of equipment that will load thosands of rounds with ease. The MEC is a toy by comparison. I now use an 800+ and a Spolar but the Grand is right up there with the best of them.
    Doug

doug

3. ABH

ABH Member

Nick,

I had two 9000g machines,12 & 20ga.I now have two GRANDS,12 & 20ga.The GRAND is a far superior machine to any MEC.The customer service of RCBS is also excellent.If you make the switch,I know you won't have any regrets about it.

ART H.

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Does the Grand seat the primer (similar to a MEC?) in which it would push the base wad on the "throw away" shells back down? I have been pondering picking up a MEC just to load the thousands of shells thrown away, only 1 time and let them fly.

I wish Gun Clubs were the shell of choice, but it seems Rio and Top Gun are the most common shells at my club.

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Thanks...I will check out a Grand before jumping into anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 9000gn vs rcbs grand