1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

//////////// RCBS Grand Hyd. System //////////////

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wbill, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbill

wbill Member

Does any one know who carries the hydraulic system for the RCBS Grand reloader? Thanks Bill

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I seem to recall someone offering an electric drive for one, but for the life of me I can't remember who. I think they also offered the same unit for a P&W.

ss

3. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Ya they make them. The link is above

4. wbill

wbill Member

Thanks guys for the info.

5. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I called RCBS to place an order for a hydralic unit for my Grand, and I got the feeling the agent for RCBS was doing his best to talk me out of this purchase. After failing to discourage me,he told shipping would be very high(true) and he would have to charge me sales tax(live in the east). I stopped and thought, this guy is trying to tell me something, so I didn't order. The power of hydralics, coupled with all the plastic parts on this loader is the formula for disaster seemed to be the message he was trying to convey. I have often wondered if they have any factory hydralic units in the field? Mabee someone on here can answer this question.

6. daledb

daledb TS Member

I have one and used it when I had the RCBS Grand. Still have it For Sale, but have been no takers for the reasons you deducted.

With hydraulic there is no forgiveness. If you watch very closely what you are doing it works well but if 'anything' is not completely aligned you will break it. I eventually sold the RCBS Grand and bought a Spolar with hydraulic, that was a good move.

If you have any questions feel free to email me. wdaledb@gmail.com

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.