1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RCBS--GOOD, UPS--BAD

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim Porter, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have a RCBS Grand that was made in the first year of production and have loaded in excess of 100,ooo rounds on it. Over time there have been several "tweaks" to the engineering and my machine was a bit out of date but still loaded an excellent shell. While talking to RCBS's eccellent tech department, I was offered a deal to send my loader back for a complete overhaul. I paid $98.00 to insure and ship the machine back. I got a prompt responce that it made it out to California and it was not too long in getting back to me. RCBS packaged this loader in a BIG box re-enforced inside with spacers and then another box. Inside that box each individual part is boxed and wrapped. They probably spent close to another $100.00 to send it back. GOOD RCBS!!

When the box arrived there were foot prints on two sides where some slew footed jerk climbed on it breaking the tape loose on the top and bottom. When I opened the inner box the shot tube was broken. Being a farm raised boy, I though no big deal, a littlt duck tape will do the trick and I will live with it. Then as I got into the center of the inner box and opened more individual boxes the primer tray lid was broken into about 10 pieces. Thanks you Mr. Gorilla! BAD UPS!!!

RCBS is now paying more shipping and giving free parts to cover UPS's botched performance. GOOD RCBS---BAD UPS

2. Classic Trap

Classic Trap TS Member

The folks at RCBS/ATK are first rate. I live in the area and have delt with them for 40 years. They are shooters. Kent Sakamoto is the guiding hands behind the RCBS Grand press. He is a competitive trap shooter and one of the great people you will find in our sport. Should you be at the Grand this summer, stop by the Federal shop. Kent will be there.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I quit using UPS for that very reason a few years ago. After receiving damaged goods on two different occasions and it taking UPS forever to make good on their replacement, I do all my business with either FedEX or USPS.

ss

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have had so much damaged by UPS that I went to USPS, then their rates went to high and I am now using Fedex and am well satisfied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.