1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RC Planes and Shotguns!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerbear, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLLAKnVej9o?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLLAKnVej9o?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This looks like TOO much fun !!!!!

Jerbear

2. neofight

neofight TS Member

As a model builder and beginning shooter, i am so happy to see that someone took it upon themselves to combine the sports. I am still picking myself up off the floor after seeing this. Waaaaaay too funny. I wish we didn't have so may trees at our local club.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I saw the set-up on the bottom of the plane but what is it exactly thats causing the flash, bang and smoke when hit? ----Matt

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

They look like primers. Looks to me, they mounted some sort of primer pocket on the bottom of the wing, with a medal plate to save the wing somewhat.

Jerbear

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

6. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

That would be so much fun to shoot.

7. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

About 10 years ago I had a new neighbor who was against hunting and thought it would be funny to buzz my dove hunting field with his RC plane while we were hunting. I politely asked him once not to do it, but he chose not to listen. I took what was left of his plane back to him. Problem solved.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The planes use are specifically designed as targets. Larger versions have been used by the military for training purposes for years.
    Regular model airplanes shouldn't be used for this sport. For one reason, you're going to destroy several hundred dollars of equipment -receiver, servos, engine,etc.
    The other reason is that it is dangerous to have an out-of-control radio controlled model ariplane. They can - and have - seriously injured and killed people in the past. The other reason is well know to radio control flyers. Your AMA liability insurance would be void.

9. neofight

neofight TS Member

Here's a bit more on the subject. Looks like they are using pyrotechnics aboard the aircraft.Okay, which town will be the first to do this??

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where would one get more info. on the planes and explosives?

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dave---Try searching for the GNAT shoots and go from there or start at the link above.---Matt

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

That looks like fun!!!!!!

They sure have come a long way since when I was a kid, we'd build model ships and take them to the cattle tank and sink them with our BB guns

We weren't destructive, we were just pretty bad at building models and about all they were good for was sinking

Gonna have to check into this stuff though the planes look like they are built out of corragated plastic like they use to make political signs, should be a bunch of freebies on Nov 3rd

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Thought that looks fun... How about this?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiW_EMgJUwo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiW_EMgJUwo?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Or this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFbij9WddYU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFbij9WddYU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ha ha... Some people get to have all the fun.

Jerbear

14. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I fly the rc helicopters. I would cry if someone shot my bird down

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I fly RC helicopters, too. Mine cost more than my shotgun, so yeah, I wouldn't be too happy, either.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

That would be a great novelty at larger shoots. I think you'd get more participation with that than shooting 28g at trap.

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You can buy exploading targets that are round disks, looks like what they have with some kind of holder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rc airplanes & shot guns

what kind of planes do they use in gnat shooting