1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RBL Sporting Edition by Connecticut Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flyfish, Sep 3, 2013.

1. flyfish

flyfish Member

Any opinions on RBL side-by-side shotguns by Connecticut Shotgun - specifically the Sporting Edition? Looking for comments on quality, balance, recoil, finish, overall value, etc. Thanks in advance.

2. twotimer

twotimer Member

Flyfish, a couple lf friends have RBL's and love them. I have an A-10 American made by them and am very happy with the quality and how it shoots. I know that didn't answer most of your questions, except you will get what you pay for with them. Mike

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I have not seen the sporting edition, yet; but have one of the earliest launch editions and am very pleased with it. Fit and mechanicals are excellent, although the gun came with a slight bit of cast on, and I couldn't shoot it. Tony re-stocked it (exhibition wood) at no charge, and it's a delight to carry.The replaced wood has the oil finish vs the origonal epoxy stuff which I much prefer, When the A-10 came along, I put the RBL aside, for the wonderful balance and point of the A-10 especially for pheasants & chuckers... the thing is deadly. Now, the Inverness has come & I like that best, and believe it's the best engineered and executed of the three. I had the wood off yesterday trying to disconnect the auto safety and found it to be wonderfully made. There's even a set screw to take up trigger creep. If you're thinking 20ga, by all means check out the Inverness.

best.... mike

4. dls guide

dls guide Member

They are JUNK! Do not buy one. I know of a RBL sporting sxs a good friend bought last year. He shoots probably 3k to 5k per year and his gun has been back for repair 5 times. The gun is there in Conn. as we speak. They are not built for a lot of shooting. We kid him everytime he shoots it if it made it through a full round. Basically they look like a glorified SKB receiver and trigger (seriously). Also shoot with a Doctor, who has an A 10 that has been back multiple times to be fixed. Go buy a proven gun from a company that will be around for a long time and has a good track record....

5. busstuf

busstuf Member

I've got 12-15 flats through mine and have not had any issues at all. I never put any credence in a person who talks 3rd party about a friend that is having a problem. Most of the time they don't have the story right,at all.
    Tom Foley

6. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I have 3 RBL's in 16, 20, and 28Ga. They are wonderful guns for upland hunting and Vintager's Cup events. But a 9.5 pound SxS with an adjustable comb, screw in chokes, and a vent rib? I've shot two of them and it was a little like trying to steer a 2 x 6. The regular 12 Ga. RBL is a much livelier gun, and a good used 30" Model 21 is an even better choice in MHOP.

7. dls guide

dls guide Member

Busstuf, Believe what you want to, but my friends rbl sporting gun has been back to Conn. at least 4 or 5 times for repairs from Montana. It is for a fact in for repairs right now after the MT state shoot. I do know good equipment as I own Krieghoff, Perazzi, and Blaser shotguns, and shoot them in sporting clays as a master class shooter and in Trap as a AA shooter. So, I also know something about the shooting sports. I also manage a ranch here in MT with all kinds of tractors and equipment to take care of. So I think I know JUNK when I see it too. If I had $7K to spend on a shotgun the last choice would be a gun from Galizan. It is your money if you want to piss it away.

Search tags for this page
galizan rbl shotguns
rbl 20 shotgun reviews

rbl shotgun review

rbl shotguns review

rbl sporting

rbl sporting clay modle for sale
rbl sporting clays
sold my rbl shotgun