1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RAY MARTIN passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by virg, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virg

virg Member

Just wanted to pass on the sad news of the passing of my friend and fellow WTA Director Ray Martin at his winter location in Florida. Ray was a long time Wisconsin shooter and WTA Director. My condolances to his wife Noreida. Didn't see this posted anywhere here, I just wanted all of his fellow shooters and friends to know.
    Virgil Bomkamp, WTA Director.

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Virgl:
    i am very sorry to hear about Ray's passing. He always treated me well. here is a story about the first time i ever met Ray. First time It was at the state shoot at waukesha in the early 70's. it was my first state shoot, so i came to the club bright and early and got a parking spot in the first row behind trap#5. lunch time comes and i pull out the weber grill. i am grilling, lots of smoke, suddenly the wind changed and Ray came up to me. He was trying to be pleasant, and said it is tough enough shooting 27 yard handicap on a normal day, but you so much smoke coming out from your grill that i am lucky to even see the trap house. over the years we became friends. i never knew anyone who actually wore out rem. 1100 receivers like Ray did. I lost count over the years. He was a top notch shooter, great mechanic, he gave back to the sport that he loved, and he will be truly missed. my condolences to his wife.
    steve balistreri

3. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

Sad new,s sorry to hear that Ray Martin passed away sure going to miss him at the shoots and at the Gate Way he was always helpful and fun to be with when i started to trap shoot he was one of the first trap shooters i met and it was nice to know him he was always a friend good bye friend God Bless and my condolences to his wife Noreida.
    Frazier

4. thunder

thunder Active Member

I was just at the Dollar yesterday.

Sad to hear the news, always liked talking to Ray.

Our condolances to his wife Noreida.

Andy and Monica Hall

5. Donm

Donm Active Member

Nort. If you see this you know we are thinking of you.

Don and Melinda

6. razor

razor TS Member

our hearts go out to noreida. it was always nice talking to ray & noreida. THANKS FOR POSTING VIRG I KNOW HE WAS GREAT FRIENDS WITH YOU & SANDY. razor & ellie

7. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Sadness comes with the passing of Ray. Few shooters are as devoted to the sport as Ray. He will be greatly missed.

Ken Cerney

8. racer

racer TS Member

Sad news indeed. Talking with Ray always made my day at the shoots. God bless. Dan Ehlers

9. virg

virg Member

10. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

<<<>>>

11. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

Complete Funeral details are not available at this time. Norieda plans for cremation and her return with Ray's remains about the 1st of May, at which time Spring should have arrived. She said she would be back in time for the annual Spring Gateway shoot. Anyone wishing to express sympathy can do so by regular mail (email will not get through as Norieda is non "computer friendly"). The Florida address is:
    17077 Silver Shores Lane; Odessa, FL 33556.

12. bas

bas Member

I am so sorry and saddened to hear this. My very sincere condolences to Noreida...and family.
    Betty Sackett

13. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to wife, family and friends on Ray's passing. He was certainly one of
    the good guys and he will be missed.

Janet, Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.