1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Bruce ..passes away

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vdt, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

i just received the bad news that my old boss and friend at Searl's Targets passed away today ,he had a heart attack last friday,Ray was the Canadian Rep. for White Flyer Targets ,we shall miss him.

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

3. Target13

Target13 Active Member

On behalf of White Flyer Targets, our condolences to the Bruce Family on Ray's untimely passing. Although we received a call at headquarters confirming his passing, we would appreciate it very much if someone would contact us with the details of the funeral etc. - we have been unable to get any of the details.

Ray was a great part of White Flyer as a distributor for us in Canada. His work and efforts were responsible for many clubs throughout Canada switching to White Flyer. I will cherish my memory of having dinner with Ray during the SHOT Show in Orlando, Florida this past January - he was looking forward to getting to shoot a lot in 2009.

Again, Ray was not only a friend, but a valued business associate who did much to support White Flyer. We will all miss him and again our condolences to the rest of the Bruce Family.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Ray was a great figure in our trapshooting family, he will be missed.

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I spoke with Lew Hummason. Lew told me that Ray's daughter had been in touch with him. Apparently Ray was responding well after his first heart attack and then suffered another massive heart attack on Saturday and passed away at approximately 2:00 pm. The family are apparently planning a gathering at the Hamilton Gun Club on Sunday May 24th. Lew is not aware of any funeral details at this time. Bill Malcolm

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Ray's internment will be at the White Chapel Memorial Gardens Main St. West in Hamilton on Friday May 22nd at 3:30 pm.

On Saturday May 23rd there will be a Celebration of Ray's Life at the Hamilton Gun Club at 6:00 pm. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.