1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ray barnes/ moneymakers guncraft passes on

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

mike at the shop of moneymakers guncraft , called today and sadly said- owner,ray barnes has passed away after a long battle with cancer. jay has been by his fathers side these past weeks and will be back in the shop soon.-- rays obituary can be seen in the omaha world herald (see above website). cards and condolences may be sent to moneymakers guncraft,1420 military ave,omaha ne.,68131----- i am sure jay and his family would appreciate hearing from friends and customers during this time of sorrow!-my thots and prayers are with them---wally riebesell, rock port mo.

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

memorials may be made to VNA Hospice Care Services and sent to the family via the shop--thanks

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I am very saddened to hear this news I have worked with Ray and Jay over the years and received some wonderful barrels and ribs created by Ray he was an innovator. Ray along with Al Timney Stan Baker and Herb Orre we have lost a group of long time trapshooter innovators that I admired and serviced us so well.
    God speed Ray.

Buddy Walters

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very sad news. Thx for all you did for many many people in the trapshooting world Ray. I have a barrel you made that will never be sold. God Bless the family and all his friends

5. loop02

loop02 Member

I have had some excellent dealings with Jay, so evidently the tradition has been passed on.He was very helpful and did a good job. Seem like good people.

6. TC

TC TS Member

Have a barrel he made for me a number of years ago. Always enjoyed talking with him. My condolences to his family and employees. Tony

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

My sympathies to the family. He will be missed at the various State Shoots, I'm sure.

Hauxfan!

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Donna and the rest of family and many friends.
    I always enjoyed talking with Ray. We vended side by side in San Antonio for many years and he would always have a cadberry egg in his pocket for me when he
    arrived. (It was at Easter time) Donna, one of the sweetest ladies I know,
    keep your chin up and the coffee on. My late partner, Craig and I always
    enjoyed our time spent with Ray and you. I will miss him and God bless all
    of you.

Janet Fritch

CJ Enterprises

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Ray was a gentleman and we shared many a story, I even got him a deal on some Model 12 wood from Wenigs at Missouri a few years ago. He always talked about breaking ROCKS, well Ray keep breaking those rocks, God Bless Donna and Jay on your loss, my thoughts are with you. Just talked to Mike a few weeks ago and asked how Ray was doing. My deepest thoughts and sympathy to Donna Jay and Mike.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.