1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Raw leaed Prices verses Bag Price.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maka, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maka

maka Member

Raw lead has been averaging between $.89 to $.84 per?lbs. In addition until just recently; fuel prices have been dropping. My question is what is shot selling in your area? Just purchased Eagle #8's in NE. Wi. for $38.00/bag. Thanks for any input!!
  2. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

Lawrence magnum shot in NE IN is $35.50
  3. Ross

Ross Active Member

Rufus80: Wish we could get that price around here (Atlanta)about $40.00 here. Been shooting re-claim that a buddy brought back from a shoot he attended. Ross
  4. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

I bought some reclaim from a skeet shooting friend a few months back, $1 a pound. This was the cleanest reclaim I had ever seen. Consistant size (7-1/2-8) well graphited and no steel or dirt.
  5. schneep

schneep TS Member

$ 36 a bag near Madison, WI Eagle Magnum 7 1/2 and 8
  6. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

The best way to go is to set a "buy" price in your mind. When the price is right you go deep in shot. Then it is a sunk cost and you don't have to think about it again for a long time.
  7. arend003

arend003 Member

Paid 34.00 a bag here in Vermont although think Recobs is still at 38.00 in Wisconsin
  8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Just bought a ton of Northwest Magnum $30/bag. What they do is mine the clubs up and down the west coast states. Then they remelt and drop the shot making new/reclaimed shot.
  9. Thevalueman

Thevalueman TS Member

Atlanta must be the highest place to buy shot...I paid $44 at Tom Lowe, and few weeks back.....Wish I had another source around here.
    :)Rocky
  10. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Rocky, have you called any other shops?

Charlie
  11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Active Member

Rocky, Call the Savanna gun club and buy shot/components there. I'm sure you'll be glad you made the call and it should be worth the drive. Good Luck and break em all Jeff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.