1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raw Lead Prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cray, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cray

Cray Member

The price for raw lead has dropped from $.97 to $65. this a:m. I hope it isn't a mistake!

When it was $.40 a pound, a few years ago, I paid $23.00 a bag plus 6%. I hope it keeps dropping!Cray

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Why would it keep dropping?

Nobody is flooding the markets with new production and both China and India are buying industrial metals at a break-neck pace.

Refined inventory in down in London, and, besides, it's the spot market you're citing. $23 shot is a rapidly-fading memory.

Keller

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's wrong. See the thread in the off topic section of the same subject titled "KITCO Metals".

4. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is the KITCO lead price, which I have been told is in error. Lead is actually selling at around $1.01 as of 11:00 am this morning. Bill Malcolm

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

China as I know have found their own lead inside their own bourders. If that is true then they don't need our lead. Hope they don't. They started this crap with the Olympic's.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

We have our own oil inside our borders as well, yet we find it advantageous (cheaper) to let other countries drill and refine and sell it to us as finished products.

The Asians aren't stupid when it comes to supply-side economics. They have a lot more experience at it than we do.

Keller

8. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

the only reason we import oil is because a very small but vocal minority scream bloody murder every time we want to drill for it. Hell we have enough coal that can be economically converted to synthetic fuel to last this country over a century if we never pumped another drop. Can't do that either.

Hell they don't even want a pipeline so we can get more of it from Canada. I guess it's "better" to import it from and line the pockets of those who will take that money and try to kill us.

But we elected a man who never so much as ran a cool aid stand to "lead" us...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.