1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raw Lead Price

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cray, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cray

Cray Member

Raw lead was down to $.83 per pound this a.m. Back up to $.88 this afternoon.
    Let's hope it keeps falling! Cray

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

they told me at the scrap yard 2 weeks ago that I could buy wheel weights for 40cents a pound. They are buying at 20cent a pound. no harm in profit but where is the major demand its for us and we will pay, instead of just not buying or cutting back we just pay. Same for gas with this gulf thing. Mrs and I wont be shooting or traveling if the trends stay this way.

Jerry

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

In my area they told me that they would sell me wheel weights for 12 cents a pound. Right now I don't need any because I have about 3600 pounds of wheel weights.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Right now, I'm paying 40 cents per pound for clean lead and 25 cents for dirty (wheel weights, for example). Obviously, my company is selling it for more than that and we only sell in large quantities. The clean lead price hasn't changed in over a month but dirty lead went down 10 cents today.

Ed

5. mt92

mt92 Member

Where is this lead located for those prices?

Thanks
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.