1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

raw lead price is on the rise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lead Miner, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Raw lead prices have went up in recent weeks. Prices are predicted to stay at this elevated price or continue to rise more over the next quarter. If you are considering a purchase of lead shot my advice is to buy now or pay more in a little bit. Just my 2 cents. Yes i have reliable resources . Terry

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

So what's new???

The price of lead, tin, chromium etc have all gone up and done like Chinese yo-yos in the past and will continue to do it into the future.

The demand goes up, the supply doesn't... up goes the price. It's not rocket science! You'll have to come up with a better hook than that if you want to create uncertainty, anxiety, and demand, in the market!

Keller

3. t7731

t7731 Member

Does you increase/decrease the price of your reclaimed lead as the commodities markets rise and fall?

4. schneep

schneep Member

Leadminer has the best reclaimed shot around, he is just letting you know that the prices will most likely be going up. So buy now, it's your choice.

5. t7731

t7731 Member

Again, does the commodities market really have anything to do with the price of reclaimed lead?

6. Lead Miner

It absolutely does have a bearing on the price of reclaimed lead. The smelter basis the price he pays me off of it to buy my reclaimed lead. He has to have a better outlook on lead future prices than anybody. My price for polished reclaimed lead is based off of what my offer from my smelter is. I know what it takes to polish and deliver my polished shot so if the smelter offers a certain price then i base my price from that. It is actually very simple. Oh and by the way people have criticized me many times for giving people a heads up on lead futures. Each time they were wrong and i was right. But my heads up was even for those wanting to buy new lead. You can choose to trust me or just tell me that i am full of shit and that is all up to you. My statement is that if you were thinking about a lead purchase do it today. If you are good till next spring then maybe buy or maybe hope prices dont rise. Heck they might even go down. Ya right. Terry. You absolutely dont have ro buy my lead. Again Free Country

7. Lead Miner

Unknown1---- I dont need a hook to sell my polished lead. It sells itself. Terry

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

t7731

You asked, "does the commodities market really have anything to do with the price of reclaimed lead?"

Of course it does. The commodity market price is the floor below which an owner has no motivation to sell. That price floor changes as the market price changes.

Of course, the retail price of reclaimed lead is typically higher than the commodity price. That's because the commodity price applies to scrap metal which must be processed into a useful product. Reclaimed shot as sold by Lead Miner is ALREADY a useful product which makes a pound of it worth more than a pound of junk lead.

9. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Lead miner speaks words of wisdom!Just before all the componants went out of site I was coorisponding with Downrange wads and he told me what was in store for the future with the plastic and lead and copper.I took his advice and you don't here me complaining about the price because I stocked up big time.5000 wads were 50 bucks lead was 12 to 14 bucks,Now look at the price and wish you took advantage of the info.It's hard to say what the future has in store for us.Flip a coin. PJ

10. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

What is the going price for clean raw lead nowadays anyway? I have approximately 75lbs of raw lead sheet that I might want to sell. P.M me the price please.

Chris

11. highway

highway Member

Terry,

I just wanted to mention that I have used the lead that I got from your lady at Sparta and it drops well and pretty consistantly. Having never used it before, I can say that I am pleased and already wish I had bought more.

Regards,

Roger

12. Lead Miner

I am not talking a $10 a bag increase but $1 to $3 possibility on your retailers next shipment.

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

well....I have three tons of Remington STS for sale in the F/S section....

Jeff

14. t7731

t7731 Member

I had no idea that you sent your lead to a smelter. Now it makes sense.

I suppose that it is nice that retailers dont bump the price on current inventory like gas stations do.

15. Lead Miner

Oh i think some use that excuse to quickly bump the price especially when it goes up but they are slower to lower it. Some good retailers dont.

Terry

16. willing

willing Member

If you didn't noice the price of all commodities went up when the Fed printed 80 bil of new paper. Lead has gone from 84/lb to, 1.02. Thats almost 25 %. Will lead shot only rise 2-3 dollars?????

Bill

17. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The fed printed issued more money based on the same GDP. The value of the money HAS to go down... and it takes more of it to buy whatever. Good for US exporters but the kiss of death for domestic spending and for foreign industries in countries with already shaky economies (which is most of our trading partners).

Keller

18. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

My only observation is that when lead went down below $ 0.90 for nearly 4 months and dipped all the way under $ 0.80, I did not see the price of shot drop. Or was I just not paying attention ? < very possible BTW.

19. plinker611

plinker611 Member

lead(shot/bullets) will only go one way,up in price,,the anti gunner's way of getting around the 2nd amendment,,,the boy scouts motto "be prepared"is going to ring true when it comes to ammo...(did i rember to set the drag??),mark

20. Polecatrichard

Polecatrichard Member

Lead miner have you ever considered coming to eastern ohio or western pa?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cost of raw lead

raw lead prices