1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate Ext. Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 687_SP_II, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I am planning on buying some ext. choke tubes for my Beretta optima barrel. ( Mod., IM, and LF ) Just want to know what choke tubes are the best, Beretta, Briley, Wrights, Angleport, ect., ect. Can email directly if you want at the above email address.

Tom Royce

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

My experience:

every time I buy tubes for my O/U XT from a different maker I buy a pair: 1 modified and 1 imp. mod.

I've bought tubes from Angleport, Trulock, Carlson and Briley, all plain stainless extended, $30-$35 each

The Briley tubes are the first pair that both tubes shoot to the same point regardless of which barrel they're in.

MK

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

I like comp n chokes the best and on the pattern board it has given me the best patterns on 3 diffeent Brownings. Like Brileys second best. I do not like the cleaning of the comp n choke ports but will keep doing it because I like how they shoot.imho
    randy

4. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Talk to Steve Baldwin of Mechanical Accuracy in Jones, Ok - he makes the best chokes I have used

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I am going to be different and say Wrights is the best I have ever used! Brileys are second. JMHO

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I have various choke tubes for my target guns. Have been completely satisfied with the purchase of the Extended Brileys I use in my Browning Trap Guns. I feel they put out a great product. And I've opted to buy additional Beretta Factory Extended Optima tubes for my Berettas I shoot. I am more than satisfied with the Beretta tubes. They size within .0001 and they pattern great. My experience with them is positive and will not hesitate to buy more of them. There is alot of manufacturers of them out there, I'm not sure if alot of hype is built around some of them or not.

7. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I've been very happy with my Angleports for my Beretta 687. I was impressed on how precise the measurements actually were. Wrights are also very good. I've been thinking about ordering a Wrights just to try it.

Briley or the newer Beretta victory extended tubes should also be a consideration.

Dale,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.