1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RAT Grips--anybody used this?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1brucem, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I have used it. In my case, it was like the mickey mouse version of the sorcerers apprentice. I looked at all the utube videos, and did a good job of building and molding a grip for my mx-15. I have a big hand and use a precision trigger. I built the grip to put my hand forward and to fill up my hand. My scores, especially in handicap have be horrible. I felt like I was flinching, that the trigger was broken, that the gun was not staying put in it's alignment. A friend who has shot pistols competitively was telling me about hand placement and how, if improper can pull or push the shot. In desperation, I removed the rat grip and went back to a glue on palm swell and tennis rap. All was well again. The stuff works well and will not damage the gun. But you better know what your doing! I sure didn't. Bruce

2. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I've got small hands and have used Rat Grip to build up the front of the grip and make a palm swell. I quite like it. It ain't a thing of beauty, but it certainly is functionally beautiful to me.
    Dave

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I installed a glob on my PFS. AS far as I'm concerned it works great. It took about two hours to form the material the way I wanted it, but my hand is now the same location every time. I think it gives me better control and a much better grip. One other thing, I use to use a golf glove, now I don't have to use anything.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

5. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Which rat grip kit is that? I ordered some a week ago but may change it.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don-That grip on your gun ain't much for the eyes but it sure does look comfortable to shoot. You can actually see where every finger fits. I also have to ask about the comb spacers. I don't believe i have ever seen any like that. Can you explain?

7. trappypappy

trappypappy Member

Where do you get a rat grip kit?

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Rat grips can be ordered from Brownell's

I used the Sniper Kit and added another basic kit of two additional sheets. Total time was about two hours to make what you see. There is an old thread on this if you do a search.

The comb spacers were obtained from Frank Wood. They are custom made and I can ask Frank if he is interested in making them if anyone is interested in getting a set. You will need to provide the height and hole diameter.

Don Verna

9. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

My grip is much more convential looking than Don's. I got the kit with two sheets of Rat Grip material. I've done two grips and have about half of one sheet left--will probably add one small piece to one of the grips tonight to pull the little finger forward a bit more.
    Dave

10. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

interesting eh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
moldable grips for shotgun

rat grip

rat grip shotgun palm swell
rat grips
rat grips pistol