1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RassinFrassinRiifenRuffin! Got it finally!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsun, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

I decided to start a new thread about my TrapShooting adventures...If you read my previous thread you know I hadn't shot a shotgun in 12+ years and started shooting trap (which I had never shot) and started out with a 13, then a 24 and was amazed..then two 22's in a row and tonight I shot another 22 then decided to shoot another round which I had never done. I hit another 24! and ran 21 straight missed, then recovered. I so want that first 25 I got nervous and didn't do what I normally do....Got to get the mind out of the game, oh! I even put extra shells in my pouch to try and fool myself how many shots were left! Did I tell ya I may be addicted?

Shane

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Good luck, Shane. Keep at it, I know you can break that 1st 25 in a row and then go for the magic 50 and the elusive 100 in a row.

Sure is fun, isn't it!

Hauxfan!

3. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Thanks Hauxfan! I am having so much fun, just wish could shoot more often..if Miramar hadn't closed I am 5 min away. I have shot my scores with one round shot a week and at least a week break between. Last night was the first time I have shot 2 rounds in a night. Thanks to the Escondido Fish and Game Club for the warm welcome.

Shane

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Shane--You are addicted. No maybe about it. Wait until you get the 25. Then its the 50 your chasing and so on. The way i see it, as long as Leo is on another planet compared to my shooting i always have something to shoot for. i liken it to the rabbit at the dog track.

Great shooting by the way. Your about do for a new gun. :D

5. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Thanks Grntitan I just wish again that I could shoot more often. I am shooting an old Bt99 that is about due for a rebuild but me pops is letting me use it for free so no complaints!
    Shane

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"RassinFrassinRiifenRuffin!"</i>

LOL, I see someone else is a Flintstone's fan.

7. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

LOL I was wondering if anyone would get that!

Shane

8. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Tonight was a 23 and then a 24 grr.....I missed the 22nd bird! I will get that 25!

Shane

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Shane, focus on hitting each target independently. If you miss a target try to dismiss it from your mind immediately. Remembering the hits and forgetting the misses will reinforce the positives. So many targets are lost while thinking about the ones that got away...

Robert

10. TC

TC TS Member

Good luck Shane, you'll get there! Tony

11. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Did 2 3man buddy pot shoots tonight from the 27 yd line+. Hit a few call birds and one 3rd man that was probably 50+ yards out. I gave away my money but am learning how to hit em out there!

Shane

12. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Wow I didn't realize I hadn't updated this in so long...Since July 9,2011 I have shot 12 rounds with scores of 23-24-18-20-20-23-24-21-24-24-21-24 but still not the elusive 25! I will get it soon. I had the zone tonight but had some gun issues and had to switch. Next Saturday night I plan to have a hat I can't wear.

Shane

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Shane,

Stop obsessing over the 25.

Shoot the targets one at a time.

Don't worry about the ones you've already broken (or lost), and don't worry about the ones you haven't shot yet.

Concentrate on the next one.

The 25's will come.

14. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Tonight I shot a 24 with 2 new young shooters who needed a lot of time and assistance, then shot a 23 with a "normal" squad. My misses are rarely towards the end of the round so I don't think it's a head thing just a miss! I will get it soon and be proud.

Shane

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

We never shot any hats for a 25 where I come from.........only 100 straight.
    To each they're own................anyway,good luck with your quest.
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

16. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

[​IMG]

Finally got that damn 25!!!!! On to the 50!

Shane

17. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Good Job!!! 50's is on the way just shoot 50 single target events in your mind, it's simple(For Some) just wish I was one.

18. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Thanks! It took me 54 rounds to get the 25 over 11 months hopefully the 50 will be quicker!

Shane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.