1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rare Find Today-Boxes of 1960's Wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Got a call from a shooters daughter this week. Unfortunately her father is confined to a home because of the effects of Alzheimers disease at the age of 71. I got the order to clean out his reloading room and found him to be quite a packrat. Many boxes of Alcan, Remington, Winchester cardboard, filler and plastic over powder H wads of various heights. Maybe one of our resident pattern experts might like to experiment with the components that we used back then and give us an in-depth report. Would it be possible for a 27 yard target to escape a pattern from these reloads? Let's find out!!

2. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

ollie.

I too was called by a fellow shooter who had been given a large amount of old items. Some were very old shot shell loaders and lots of paper card wads of various gauges. Interesting going thru these!

Danny

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Danny, I loaded a bunch of this stuff in the early 60's but can it compare with the new plastic one piece wads on patterning quality. Where's our resident pattern expert when we need him? After all, the 27 yard line was instituted during the era of their use. Does anyone believe the "top dogs" could possibly carry high averages with these dated components? Inquiring minds are interested!!

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If that old stuff was any good we would still be using it.

Nice collectible to dust off for the next decade or so...

Bob

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I could use some 20 guage cards.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.