1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger XLW Shooting Glasses and Prescription

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pendennis, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I'm planning to get some new shooting glasses. Not that there's anything wrong with my Zeiss Competitions (vermillion-colored lenses), Rx-lensed by Decot, but I want to be able to change colors when conditions dictate.

The Ranger XLW comes with replaceable lens colors, with the added benefit of using a separate Rx insert. It sounds very enticing.

Has anyone here used this combination? If so, how do you like it? Are there any problems with having the prescription insert and colored lens in close proximity to each other? How is the weight? Are there any other issues? Would you buy them over again?

For you non-Ranger XLW wearers, are there any other alternatives to them?

Thanks.

Best,
    Dennis

2. PLTT

PLTT TS Member

Contact www.morganoptical.net great people to work with.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I have a pair of ESS glasses with the prescription insert, but prefer my Ranger XLs as the ESS system fogs up in colder weather. Also, the ESS doesn't ride high enough on my nose to see through properly when shooting. Not to mention the ESS system is heavier.

4. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Are you sure the XLW has a RX insert?? The only ones I can find are the Ranger Sporter having the RX insert.

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

According to the Texas Shooters Optical web site they do. Please note the link.

Best,
    Dennis

6. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Thanks Dennis, that is good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ranger shooting glasses xlw vs sporter

ranger xlw shooting glasses