1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger XLW Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

So I'm ordering the Ranger XLW glasses tomorrow morning. Anyone have these? Any reason I should get something else other than the XLWs? Do the different lense colors really make a difference? What 3 color lenses should I choose?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have XLWs, I would get red, copper polarised, gray, yellow and clear. The different colors do make a difference. Aside from night shooting if I had to choose one color it would be red.

3. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

GET THE CMT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Personally - I own two pair of Ranger shooting glasses systems, and one of those is the XLW. I really like them..........

As for lens colors, the benefits of each may vary from shooter to shooter. However -- you almost cannot go wrong with a light-to medium target orange, vermillion, and a set of clear lenses for shooting under the lights during shoot-offs. Beyond that - the options are nearly endless, as is the $$$ you can spend.

I do not know who you are ordering your glasses from, but Dr. Frank Rively (Pennsylvania) has developed a lens color that he calls the "Optimizer". While I do not own a set of them (yet), I have heard only GOOD things about this lens and how it makes the target appear.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm ordering from Texas Shooters Optical.

6. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I have these and like them but expect some fogging on hot, himid days if you use the RX insert.

7. Buckdeerdown

Buckdeerdown TS Member

Rich, check your PM. I have a brand new set with 4 lenses for sale that I was going to post on here tonight until I saw this thread. I'll hold off to see if your interested. Thanks, Jason.

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Spend the extra money and get a set of CMT lenses, nothing else like them on sunny days. Pale yellows for night or dusk shooting and clear as a back up.

JMO, John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.