1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger XLW glasses opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joehunter, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joehunter

joehunter Member

I was looking at the Ranger XLW frames and was wondering if the people who have them think they are that much better than the Ranger XL. If you have a set for sale please PM me.

Thanks,

Joe

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Joe : I have both Ranger XLW and Ranger XL. Other than "style", I cannot actually say I notice a difference when I shoot with either frame design. And if my scores were any better with one vs. the other, I'd have a pair up for sale tomorrow. Alas - I cannot say that, either............

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Randolph supports the XLW with 3 polarized lens colors that they presently do not offer for the Ranger/XL. I had Morgan make me a set of brown polarized lenses for my XL, used for hunting.

Generally, I think its a matter of taste and product positioning. The XLW better competes with the Oakleys, Wileys etc... in the marketplace.

In my opinion, whichever eye protection product one buys, I think everyone should purchase the largest lenses available to provide the greatest potential protection of the orbit of their eye...

Otherwise, having shot with both, I could observe no difference in function.

Jay Spitz

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Unless the design has change the XLW did not have adjustable nose piece.
    For me when I tried them, I found my self feeling like I was looking under the frame when mounting the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.