1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger vs/ Post4

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sinker_63, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinker_63

sinker_63 TS Member

looking for pro's and con's between these two brands of glasses. Am going into my first set of RX lenses, and can't decide between Ranger frames and Post 4. I already have Ranger XL plano lenses, so guess I could save some cash by just getting RX lenses for current frames.
    Don't really know any thing about the Post 4 brand, so any pro's or con's with the post 4 frames????? Is one really any better than the other???

2. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

The biggest advantage of the Post 4 is you will be able to converse directly with Mike Rinard who will be grinding your RX lenses.
    I like the color variations he can achieve. He can also lighten or darken the color as desired. I have not found much difference in the frames other than Ranger makes one with an adjustable nose-piece. The Post 4 frames are made of Titanium.

3. HKJ

HKJ Member

My experiences with POST 4 keeps me a customer and a advocate at the club.

As said, Mike is a firxt class technican....the products and customer service are excellent.

Kent

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Ranger now has a Sport frame that has color clip ons. I had a set delivered to me at the Southern Grand and am very happy with them. When it's time for new Rx you only have to purchase one set of lens. Morgan Optical did the Rx and a good job. Jake

5. RMG

RMG TS Member

I could tell you a lengthy horror story about my recent experience with Post-4 Optics and Mike Rinard but I'll keep it short instead.

During the course of seven weeks I had to return perscription Post-4 glasses back to Rinard THREE times as his company built the perscription wrong all THREE times! On the second attempt they actually built the perscription for my left eye in the right lens, and vice-versa the other lens! On top of that, Rinard himself lied to me about shipping times on each and every shipment as was proven by post marks on the package! There is much more to this then mentioned, but I said I would keep it short.

The summary of my experience with POST-4 Optics and Mike Rinard senior is that Rinard is a lier, and his business is the epitome of incompetence! Did I mention that if POST-4 builds your glasses in error that they will not refund your return shipping cost?!?!

Save yourself the hassle and frustration of dealing with a totally disorganized business and get your glasses from Decot where they will get it right the first time!

RGunn

6. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Sounds like more to that story from both ends?

7. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

I like Post 4 and Morgan, both treated me first rate!!!!!!!!You can please all of the people.............

8. idoc

idoc Member

Make sure you are using safety lens material. The only material OK'd by both Sport Safety Organizations (PECC Protective Eyeware Certification
    Counsel and The Coalition to Prevent Sports Eye Injuries) is either Trivex or Polycarbonate. Because of the higher clearity I would go with the Sporter in Trivex or the brand new Hidefspex Sebring. With the introduction of Trivex material there is no longer any reason to try to get away with plain plastic (CR-39). I know I'm opening a can of worms here but it has been swept under the rug for too long..............Richard J Colo O.D.

9. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Not a problem with my Post-4 glasses i bought a year ago.

Called on a Monday, gave them my Rx, they helped me pick out a color by asking what types of conditions I shoot in regularly and what is the predominant background and such (i am cheap and can only afford one lens). The glasses were at my house the same week (Friday morning).

Prescription was perfect and the glasses are all that and them some. I recommend them every chance I get.

You must have had some bad luck I guess. Did you call him up and discuss the shipping "problem"? They seem like very nice people and made it real easy to give them 180 bucks for a pair of shooting glasses. Remember, the frames are Titanium, no fog lenses, no glare, etc... You can run your glasses over with your truck and the frames would be fine. Sure the lenses would bite the dust the the expensive part is the frame which is indestructible.

I give Post-4 the Siskel and Ebert Thumbs up. Even though Siskel is dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.