1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger Sporter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by T.A.K., Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Grand Island, NY
    I'm looking to buy my first real pair of shooting glasses. I liked the Decot Hy-wyd and thought I found my set, but, when it came down to my prescription, my right eye is far too bad and was told that an RX lens wouldn't fit in them. I was told to look at the Ranger Sporter.

I really don't know too much about shooting glasses so I was wondering if anyone has these/has tried them and their opinion on them or any other suggestions?
  2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    They are great used them when I needed scripts. Still use them with a plano clear lense for the base. Got Lasik.

Phil Berkowitz
  3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    They're excellent, have used them for years. I have a pretty heavy prescription for the right eye.

The adjustable bridge is a nice feature for getting them in just the right place on your face, and also makes them potentially useable for driving, etc.
  4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Oct 25, 2006

My prescription is thick enough that none of the other Ranger versions would work except the XLW with prescription insert, or the Sporter. However, I did not like the wrap around style. I bought mine through Morgan Optical at the Ohio State shoot, with pale yellow prescription lenses and the polarized copper and CMT clip ons.

I am well satisfied with them so far.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ranger shooting glasses xlw vs sporter