1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BerettaJ, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BerettaJ

BerettaJ Member

Just received my new Randolph Ranger XLW shooting glasses yesterday. Got to go out today to try them out. Wow, these glasses are great. Got the light purple lenses along with a couple others. The light purple in sunny conditions really made the target POP out against the darker background. They looked like pie plates flying out there.

Thumbs up to Randolph Engineering....John

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Ranger glasses are a very good way to go. I have tried most brands and I like the rangers the best.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

I am an unrepentant sucker for the latest and greatest BUT I keep ending up back with my Ranger XLWs as the latest "just gotta have" goes on down the road. They have always worked well for me and continue to do so.

--- Chip King ---

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I really like my XLW glasses, I only wish Randolph would design a pair of frameless lenses.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I use the XL, but many of my guys like the XLW. Like the look of the new "Edge", but the lenses wont fit my XL frame... may wait until I need a new frame to bite...

regards all,

Jay

6. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

I love my ranger xlw's and would like to thank Wayne with Morgan Optical for all his help.He advised me on the color of lenses that worked the best with the back grounds I shoot at my local clubs and they have worked out great.Again thanks Wayne with Morgan Optical,I really have enjoyed my XLW glasses.Thanks Mike

7. baldeagle

baldeagle TS Member

When inserting lenses on a Ranger frame, does one insert the lense at the nose clip first or first at the ear clip?

Also, are Decot lenses compatible with a Ranger frame?

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Rangers all the way and Morgan optical. I too like the light purple.

Insert the nose side clip first, followed by the cheek side.

Some sizes are compatable between the two brands. Ask your dealer.

Guy Babin

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

With the normal Rangers it was always easier with the nose first then the ear clip. With the XLWs because of the curve ear first then the nose works best for me.

--- Chip King ---

10. Kent

Kent TS Member

Yes I agree, Ranger are the ones I use. However.........if you use bi focals don't have them ground in to your shooting lens. I had a pair that I did and being used too a progessive style they will be worthless too you. I only need bifocals to read.

11. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Ranger XL and Morgan Optical--Hard combo to beat..........SMOKIT

12. atadams77

atadams77 Member

i have the XL's, and being in south texas i use nothing but the CMT lenses. Love them!

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Not to start an arguement but i have a set of CMT lenses for my Ranger glasses and i couldn't see where they were worth the extra money. Not saying they don't work, just not alot better than my other lenses. Thats me though.

Matt

14. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I found the CMT just a touch to dark for my taste although in dead of summer when having to shoot straight in to the sun I will use them. I am getting ready to order another pair of XLW's. Who has the best deal?

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I just took delivery of two pair of XLs for a couple of my guys... Wayne Morgan is the best! As for the CMT, they're not for everybody - every pair of eyes are different.

Everyone gets a chance to shoot with my demo sets before jumping in, so they try the colors before they buy. Those that have bought the CMT, have been very happy... I'm a fan of the CMT myself, but Wayne set me up with his Hi-Contrast Brown polarized lens too!

As far as a vendor - Wayne's customer service now and in the future will certainly add more value to your purchase, than the few pennies you may save by purchasing elsewhere.

Morgan Optical, Olean NY...

regards all,

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
landau xl w shooting glasses
kingtrap shooting glassres patent feb 2012

randolph ranger shooting glasses

randolph ranger xlw shooting glasses
ranger glasses for trap
ranger shooting glasses