1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger Lenses

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by anthony, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony TS Member

0   0   0

i am looking for lenses for my 160 mm frames. i have the prescription lenses but since i got the laser surgery i cant use them..
    Anthony
    take the xx off the e mail address above..

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

160mm isn't the measurement you need, you need the lens size (62mm, 66mm, or 68mm).

3. rivers001

rivers001 TS Member

0   0   0

Contact Wayne at Morgan Optical (www.morganoptical.net). They were a big help when I was purchasing my glasses.

4. anthony

anthony TS Member

0   0   0

this is from the ranger site...

Lightweight Monel 400 Alloy Frame
    Dual Action Spring Temples
    No-slip Soft Silicone Nose Pads
    Comfortable Ball Tipped
    Cable Temples
    Two Temple Lengths:
    150mm, 160mm

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

Temple lengths have nothing to do with the lens size! You need to know the FRAME size! :)

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Anthony,

If you still have your Ranger Box - it should say 68MM or 66MM on the cover. Unless you have a very thin face the 68/66 were the most popular lense widths.

Jay

7. anthony

anthony TS Member

0   0   0

on the frame it says 160

8. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

anthony: You're looking at the side pieces/temples. Look on the inside of the nose piece- newer frames have the lens size stamped there, it should be 68 or 66. If it's 68 I may have some extra lenses.

9. anthony

anthony TS Member

0   0   0

there is nothing stamped. i got them around 2000 or 2001

10. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Calling the eye doctor is the best idea. If that's not possible, take a look at http://www.randolphusa.com/GWW-RandolphEngineering/DisplayPage.aspx?pageid=232. Figure out which frame you have, and measure it with the lenses installed. My standard 68mm Ranger frame measures 135mm, outside edge to outside edge, just like that chart says. Also, my 68mm lenses measure 68mm across, from notch to notch (outside edge).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.