1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ranger glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by warbux, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warbux

warbux TS Member

Has anybody tried the Randolph glasses with the CMT lens yet? if so what are your thouhts. thanx Joel

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

way too dark for me.

3. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

On sunny days work great for me..................i would recommend

4. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I don't think the CMT lenses can be beaten on sunny days. When it starts to cloud up be prepared to put vermillion back in.

hubcap

5. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

NEVER wear them on partly cloudy days. Once the sun is dimmed a bit, you may as well have on a welding mask cut out for your cheek piece.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Try a set before you lay out the bucks for them. Many with Rx lenses found difficultly in using the CMT coating. Try the purples as well for red targets.

Jay Spitz

7. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I borrowed a pair of CMT lens today from a friend. It was cloudy but I have been having light sensitivity problems and I wanted to see how they would work when cloudy. They worked great for me. The background at our local range has pine trees that effect the the targets at the beginning and I found the CMT lens under cloudy conditions really brought out the orange against the tree background much beter than anything I have ever tried. This allowed me to see the target quicker which is a good thing. I might add that the lens were plano and I am slightly near sighted. Even though the targets were slightly blurred I could still see them better than with my prescrition lens.

8. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Skip, I am not sure what you meant "they were losing their qualities". Are you talking about poor quality control in manufacture or are the chemicals that make them do their thing deteriorating over time?

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I just recieved my new prescription and my plano ranger lenses need to the enhanced..who is the best to do this, can I ship my lenses, or just try to sell them and order new ones?
    lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.