1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger ColorMag Lens

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike bloesl, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike bloesl

mike bloesl TS Member

Have you or your shooting friends used the New ColorMag lens from Ranger. If so how do you like it?

2. mike bloesl

mike bloesl TS Member

Have you or your shooting friends used the New ColorMag lens from Ranger. If so how do you like it?

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They do a good job against a bright blue sky. Other than that they are worse than useless.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They do a good job against a bright blue sky. Other than that they are worse than useless.

5. Krieghoff100

Krieghoff100 Member

Been using for about a year. Great on orange targets. I find they work well in overcast too. YMMV

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I use them in summer on sunny days against blue sky and green background and I like them. Targets look like Orange beacons!

7. johnboy

johnboy Member

I have a pair I would be willing to sell. If you need more than one set I have a friend who would probably sell his. We have both shot some dismal scores using the colormags.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Had a pair and were very good in bright sun lite but once the clouds come in you may as well throw them in the garbage.

9. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I shoot with clear lenses....never could figure out what color to use. I must admit that a yellow works good for me, but Clear 95% of the time.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I find the CMT works well for me in a range of lighting conditions. Obviously as a dark lens, its most suitable to full sun, but the Color Mag Technology seems to help me in partly sunny conditions as well.

It will enhance anything that has some red to it... reds, oranges, browns, etc... against any background - green trees, open sky, etc...

With the CMTs on, I've found walking through shoots that "redheads" or those with red tints, will often distract as their hair just screams out at me!

However, all that said, everyone's sensitivity to color and light are different... I would encourage you to shoot some targets with a pair in a couple of light conditions to assess them for yourself.

If you like them, I would recommend Morgan Optical Sports Glassess as a your Randolph vendor in Olean, NY... Wayne's service is top notch!

Jay Spitz

11. dls guide

dls guide Member

I have a pair of cmt clip ons for Randolph sportman frame that I would sell. Way to dark and only good for all orange targets in the open. I shoot sporting clays and if there are black bottom targets, they disappear with CMT lenses. I don't like them. Look at getting the Autumn gold transition lenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
colormag cmt

colormag lenses

what conditions are colormag shooting lenses good for