1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Range Report - Rat Grip

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dverna, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

I received my kit last week and installed it in about an hour. I ordered the Sniper kit to get a palm shelf. I wanted something close to the grip one gets with a target pistol or the Nill Ergosign EvoComp - see link above

My first attempt resulted in an off-center grip and I was able to easily remove the plastic without damaging the stock. It reapplied with no difficulties.

Yesterday I range tested it. Temperature was in the low 40's and range conditions were good for MI. Shot a 97 - with one miss at an illegal target that I should have turned down. I found the grip provided increased control and a smoother swing. My gun mount was more repeatable.

I have been struggling badly with HC and here I saw a marked improvement. A 21 and two 23's - not great scores but good for me (80 average 2010). I could "call" my shots - something I have not been able to do. It is still early to know if these are just short term "improvements".

The Rat grip is better than other options as you do not screw up a good stock. The material is easy to "adjust" with a heat gun. It beats adding Bondo, sanding it down, reapplying etc. etc.

My gut tells me the molded grip offers an advantage in Doubles where gun mount can be compromised on the second shot. It will also provide a more positive purchase when shooting with sweaty hands.

It works as advertised and it works well - so far.

Don Verna

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is this what you're talking about?

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Brian,

Yes. Thanks for posting the link - I can be computer challenged at times.

Don Verna

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dyAh2Ze7Lg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dyAh2Ze7Lg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Interesting.

HM

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, and evaluation. I've been considering that material for my PFS Plastic stock.

6. jhoward

jhoward Member

Don, how thick is the material in the grip area? How much did it add to the circumference of the grip? I like the concept, but I have short fingers and I'm worried that it may make the grip too large to be comfortable.

Joe

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Don any chance of your posting up some pictures of your project?

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.