1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Range Recs - Boca/DelRay FL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Traveling to Boca/DelRay in mid-late March for a couple weeks.

As a non-resident, where can I shoot as a guest?! Any registered shooting available for 3/18-3/19 or 3/26-3/27... maybe a one-night open program or just some practice?!

My registered shooting doesn't start until the weather breaks in Chicago late April/early May - wouldn't mind picking up some extra targets...

regards and thanks in advance,

Jay Spitz

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jay,

Closest place would be Markham Park in Sunrise about 25 miles from Boca & 35 from Delray. Markham is a public facility and is open 6 days a week (Tues-Sun) for public shooting. Hours are Tues & Wed 1pm-9pm, Thursday 8am-9pm, Sat & Sunday 8am-5pm. To be absolutely sure call the range at: 954-357-5143.

The next registered shoot there is Sunday March 27. Wednesday nights are trap nights with shooting until 9pm. Be aware that practice rounds are $9 for the first round & $8 for each round there after for the same day.

Directions are easy, take I-95 or the Florida turnpike south to I-595 west. Take 595 west to exit 1A which is 136th ave/State Road 84. You'll be on State rd 84 so continue west for about 2 miles to the traffic light at Weston Road, park entrance will be on your right. Here's an a picture of the park, the range is at the top of the picture.

Eric
    [​IMG]

3. spitter

What about shells... can a non-resident buy either locally or at Markham Park?! How are shell prices in south Florida?

Thanks again,

Jay

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jay,

The rules are different down here. Anyone can buy ammo. I would suggest going to a local Walmart and getting a Federal or Winchester value pack of 100 shells for about $23. Shell prices at Markham are obscene, about $8 a box.

Eric

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The best place to buy shells is the Bass Pro Shop in Dania Beach. They always have something on sale. It's not much out of the way when you're driving to Markham Park from DelRay Beach.
    Trail Glades is west of Miami and not that much farther -about 60 miles, and
    they shoot trap and skeet.
    If you want to shoot registered targets, Silver Dollar has registered shooting every day and they're only 250 miles away.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jay, The best place around here to buy these days is find a Dick's Sporting Store. They have the Rem. gun clubs on sale like once a month or so at $5.00 a box and its cheaper than the Walmart 4 packs and you can find some softer ll45 fps loads for this price and the 3 dram 1200 fps loads as well. They don't advertise these sales so you just have to drop by from time to time to get them. As Mixer says don't buy shells at the Park. Maybe I'll see you there. Break-em all. Jeff

7. spitter

Thanks for the response... With all those options, I should have no problems!

See you in a few weeks...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.