1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RANGE OFFICERS DUTIES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by break25, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break25

break25 TS Member

Writing up the Duties of the Range Officer. Do you have a written description you can pass on ?

Chazz

2. break25

break25 TS Member

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I don't have a written job description, basically I'm required to oversee all aspects of our shooting program while on-duty, including but not limited to opening, closing, registration and on-range operations, with all that they may include.

I have help, but ultimately the buck stops with me... if you have questions of a specific nature, send me a PM or an email

regards to all,

Jay

4. break25

break25 TS Member

Jay thanks, That's always the way, You become the most responsible person the Club Has.
    You have my respect.

I was looking for a Job Description with different ideas. Getting lazy and didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

CHazz

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Range officer is a good thing. Range officer Nazi is not a good thing. I've seen quite a bit of the latter.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Depends on what is your definition of a range officer. At Markham every range employee wears a red "Range Officer" shirt. They load the houses, score, set up the voice releases, clean the fields of emptys, enforce the safety rules, etc, etc.

The person in charge of the range officers at Markham is the Range Master. I'm sure this is not what you were looking for but that's how it is at a county run public facility.

Eric

7. break25

break25 TS Member

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Simply put, without Range Officers willing to donate there time and expense at some gun clubs, the clubs would cease to function. The NRA offers a course for Range Officers that should suffice for most clubs without special needs.

Enough said, Robert T

9. break25

break25 TS Member

Robert you are correct. Happy shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

range officer duties

trapshooting duties