1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Range at Damascus, Md. ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pahunter1, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Has anybody shot trap at the IWA Trap& Skeet Range in Damascus, Md. What is the cost. how many trap houses? Any info would be appreciated. My son will be moving to Mt.Airy and looking for some place close to shoot. Thanks ED

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I'm a member of the Damascus IWL. Great club with nice shotgun and rifle/pistol ranges.

As for trap, well....this is mostly a skeet club but they do throw trap from one field and have a 5 stand on another. Don't really see too much trap thrown there but there is some.

Skeet rounds (and I assume trap) is $3.50/round to members.

They have a very active and successful cowboy action program at the club also.

Tell your son to check it out as Mt Airy is not too far away at all.

Cheers

3. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Check out the Mt. Airy chapter IWLA. Practic trap Thursday nights, and ATA shoots.

4. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Here is the link for the Mt Airy Club, just shot Heart Of Maryland there this morning.

Carroll County Gun Club is another good one, they run ATA and a very good winter league.
    http://www.carrollgun.com/

5. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Another try for the Carroll County website.

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Mount Airy Izaak Walton and Carroll County are active trap clubs. Damascus is less so. Tuscarora is another nice trap club but there is absolutely no road that connects Mount Airy with Tuscarora, MD. Hard to believe but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.