1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Randy Ross Completes Grand Slam

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pipe Layer, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Just got a call from Nora Ross that Hubby broke a 100 from the 27 today at the Cardinal for his Grand Slam. Bet you could not have drove a 10 penny nail up his --- with a slege hammer! Great shooting Randy! I knew it was coming, you been shooting the caps very well.

Terry Dean

Ky. Delegate

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Nice shooting Randy....an accomplishment few ever do.

Mark Rounds

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Great Job Randy Congrats to you and Nora!

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Congratulations Randy, Great shooting !!!! Marrying a good coach finally paid off eh?. I was thinking about coming down but Nancy is tired and you are winning all the handicaps so I think I will pass.

Terry & Nancy

5. BAP

BAP TS Member

Proud for you Randy. Hope you run may more in your lifetime. Bill Parson Jr.

6. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Great shooting, Randy! Between you, Royce White and Keith Ditto getting their Grand Slam in short order it sure makes this Kentucky shooter proud... and in awe!

Eddie Quire

7. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

and then he followed it up with a 99 this afternoon in the 2nd handicap of the day!

8. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Way to go Randy!!. Curt DuVall

9. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Congratulations Randy!!!!

Kentucky shot well today with Randy posting 199 in two Handicaps.

Ronnie Black of Flemingsburg, Kentucky broke 100 from the 27 in the 2nd Handicap.

Way to go Kentucky!!

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

What a gentleman he is to let his wife get hers first at the Grand last week. My hat is off to you. Well done and ATTABOY!! Jim

11. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

It is obvious--- he married up---

seriously---- GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Phil

Randy, Harlan, Eric, Rickie are at the "older end" of the next generation of young guns- The next few years are going to be really tough on normal "Pilgrims". To get a sniff will be tricky- then watch when the Barthalow's and Lamont's et al kick in-- Records will fall like water over Niagara.pk

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What a wonderful accomplishment!

It's equally amazing for a couple to complete their slams together in the same target year. How nice for both of you. Congratulations.

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Congrats Randy :) Nora is evidently bringing along the inhouse student very well. LOL

14. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Did I miss something? I thought Nora already had her slam, thought she finished it at Stockdale Gun Club with 100 from the 27 in the Central Zone shoot a few years ago. Pic on the Stockdale website about it if I recall correctly.

Randy posted earlier this week that Nora got a Grand "slam" at the Grand as she had now won every Grand Week event.

Scott

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Sorry, Scott. You have to forgive me. I'm only in my second year of shooting. I'm straight with the "slams" now.

16. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Congratulations Randy. I knew this was going to happen, now we know when. Nora said the targets were low with a tail wind, must have been tough witha 25 in POI.

Charlie

17. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

Great news Randy! I'm only three events behind you. I still need my 200 singles, 100 handicap and 100 doubles. Clif Adams

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Randy I figured you had already had a slam before now but maybe since you got a KY address, now it was made it come together.

Im sure you wife coach didn't have a lot of effect for you doing the job you did im sure it was your time to do it anyway,
    just want to say good shooting to you.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/family%20photos/?action=view┬Ąt=fog-2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn220

19. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Randy. Those extra notches on the rib have paid off. Bill Malcolm

20. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Congrats Randy! I knew it was only a matter of time. I hear you followed it up with a 99 just to show the 100 was no mistake!

Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.