Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy and Nora Ross are at Blue Grass, Wilmore,KY

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Charlie Becknell 
#1 ·
Blue Grass Sportsmen' League is proud to announce that we have hired Randy Ross to be our shotgun shooting sports director. He and his lovely bride, Nora, will be running Trap, Sporting Clays, and Skeet. We are very excited about the up coming shooting year with our NEW direction. Randy has some great ideas on how to make our club the place that you will want to shoot. We are going to make BGSL more accessable to the general public. Randy plans to have, in addition to our regular events, some non-registered fun shoots. Our Sporting Clays will have regualr rotation of targets to allow us to throw multiple target presentations. We plan on adding additional lighted fields. We have not set up our exact schedule but we will keep you posted.

Randy and Nora plan on having clinics there and also some of the big names to also hold clinics.

If you have not been to Blue Grass, come by and shoot with us. It is going to be a great year.

Charlie Becknell

www.bgslinc.com

#4 ·
It is our goal to have a first class operation and we feel we have hit a home run with Randy and Nora. Blue Grass is a great facility and the best kept secret in the Blue Grass area. We are locate on 1,400+ acres just outside of Wilmore, KY. I will keep you posted on up coming events.

Charlie

#5 ·
Now that should really take the club to a new level. I hope that Randy does run the club and not the other way around. As far as clinics go, I think shorter (less expensive ) clinics would really draw more shooters. I especially would love a hdcp lesson from Randy. He does crush them from the 27. A doubles lesson from Pete McCall for those of us who shoot them "backwards" would be nice too. I hate singles so no clinics are needed for those EXCEPT for you Charlie. You LOVE those 16 yd. targets.......
It would also be nice for some trinkets for other than just 1st in each event. With that format, it was the same names each week, just a different order.
But all in all, a great move. Who is responsible for this?? Kudos to whomever it was, even you Charlie...................
Nubs Wagner

#6 ·
Thanks Nubs, I do like them there singles, I just don't hit enough of them to be dangerous. Randy is in hopes of getting some of the Sporting Clays big dogs and trap top guns to come in for clinics. Nora and Pete shot so much together that I am sure she feels comfortable with you "backward boys".

They should be moving onto the property in the next few days. I believe we will have the best shoots for any club this size.

If you have never shot BG Sporting Clays, it is a ton of fun. I like SC in the winter, it should be illegal to have this much fun shooting and cuting up with your friends.

Charlie

#8 ·
Wilmore is about 15 miles south of Lexington. Go to our website for more information.

www.bgslinc.com

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.