1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Random pics of this years grand.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I just thought someone might like to see some pics of the Grand I took this year...................not the best but.........GaryL.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Thanks for sharing!

ed

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Much appreciated. Wish more people would do this, I really enjoy looking at pics from various skeet, trap, sporting, and international shoots.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wicked looking sky in those last few. Thank goodness its bite wasn't quite as bad its bark. Those midwest storms can get ugly fast.

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

nice pics, thanks, puablo

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Here's a look at the storm in action:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HV7-x6jcjkc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HV7-x6jcjkc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

V10---After watching your vid, i recant my statement about its bite. Anytime you get horizontal rain its no pussycat storm. I wasn't at the Grand that day and actually in town Sparta(where i live) that one missed us. That was one of the afternoon storms correct? The morning storm of Tuesday August 3 was a nasty one that nailed both Sparta and the WSRC pretty good. Thanks for the vid.---Matt

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Yep, that was the Thursday afternoon storm. Winds in excess of 60 mph. Some folks reported cloud circulation above the WSRC as a tornado was trying to form. Luckily it didn't.

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Memories.....Light the corner of my mind..............
    Thx

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I was in the camper during that storm, and it was ROCKING! Now I see why. OMG!!!

11. Donm

Donm Active Member

Thanks for the pictures and the video. The video while it is really good doesn't show how dark it got and how low the visability got. I was in the Kolar store. Everyone knows how close you are from the vendors to the skeet towers. You couldn't see the towers during the worst of the storm. Again thanks for the pictures and the video.

12. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I too was stuck in the Kolar building. Got to meet Iggy, interesting man, had a good talk. One person in there spoke of seeing a golf cart going down the walkways, by itself. Others said the old people carriers were blown onto the trapfields and some towards the parking lot.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Good vid. When my son and I got there Friday (the 13th!) it was hard to tell anything had happened. I wish it had cooled the place off a bit, but just being there again made it worthwhile.

14. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Slugbug1,

Nice pics, thanks for your trouble.

It looks like pretty good RV parking to me, not all jammed in, etc. What is the rate for a 32' 5th wheel for the main shoot week??

Thanks

Larry

15. JES

JES Member

Wow, I don't miss the lightening storms from Illinois!!! Thanks for the pictures and video. Jan Slough

16. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Larry, your right there is a lot of room between sites. This is in the north campground which I believe are all 5 or 10 year leases, but every year people find they can't make it the Grand and sub-lease the spot. Some other areas don't offer as much space (see my 16th pic). Best to contact the shooting complex for current pricing,that is if you can get them to answer your emails or calls. GaryL.

17. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Took this during the lightning storm on Thursday....perfect timing!

18. flush-em

flush-em Member

thank you -nice pics!

19. capvan

capvan Active Member

Wish they were thinking of planting more trees, lots more trees. Need some shade...

20. DONNE

DONNE Member

Hey V10 , I was sitting in the white SUV pictured behind the P/U in your video! Did you see the golf cart being blown backward by the wind? I thought we were going to have to move to avoid being hit by it.
    We were also busy looking for the funnel, but the rain was so hard I don't think we could have seen it !
    Thanks for the pics......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.