1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

random email

Discussion in 'Forum Information Threads' started by MSL9499, Jun 18, 2017.

1. MSL9499

MSL9499 Member

So I posted looking for a stock haven't gotten any replies but got a random email this morning ,hows that happen don't want to post guys name incase its an honest person

2. tattooo

tattooo Active Member

Could be a scam ?

3. MSL9499

MSL9499 Member

Thats what I was thinking

4. tattooo

tattooo Active Member

I would think If it was legit you would get a PM....maybe check with a mod

5. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

If your ad does not have your personal contact info on it and a forum member has to send you a PM then you are fine.

If you received a E-MAIL and your email was not list on your ad then that is very irregular. Is your email listed on any other site or did you pass your email on to someone via PM here?

There is a reason why we do not want members to list personal info such as email in their open forum ads and encourage contact via PM first.

6. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Are you translating Email and PM here to be the same thing? I checked your ad and did not see where you had any email address ect. attached to your ad. Many members will reply via PM rather than post on your ad.

7. MSL9499

MSL9499 Member

I understand thats why I thought it was odd, I haven't put my personal stuff in any ad I'm currently asking around maybe one of my friends gave my email to a local guy I am looking locally too . I just wanted to check to see if it could have possibly happened before here , when I figure it out I'll update post ,Thanks for the quick response

8. MSL9499

MSL9499 Member

Update friend had listed my contact info has since been deleted .