1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Randolph County IL won't prosecute concealed carry

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by localshooter, Jun 13, 2013.

1. localshooter

localshooter TS Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Randolph County IL won

County Journal article about county where WSRC is located.

Effective immediately, responsible, law-abiding citizens will be able to exercise their constitutional right to carry concealed weapons in Randolph County, according to Randolph County State’s Attorney Jeremy Walker.
    “In May, I spoke with the Randolph County Police Association and indicated I would give the legislature and the governor until June 9 (the date mandated by the federal appellate court) to give citizens the opportunity to carry concealed weapons,” said Walker. “June 9 has come and gone with no resolution. Accordingly, I feel it is time to act. Therefore, the following guidelines will be given to all local police agencies regarding persons who wish to carry concealed weapons.”
    l The person must have a valid FOID card.
    l The person must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under any court order or statute.
    l The firearm must be concealed on the person or in a vehicle.
    l The person must not be engaged in any criminal conduct.
    l If stopped by a police officer, the person must immediately notify the officer if he or she is carrying a weapon.
    l The person may not carry a weapon in the courthouse or any school or church.
    Provided these requirements are met, the state’s attorney’s office will not file charges related to the carrying of concealed weapons.
    However, one should still be cautioned that the Illinois State Police has indicated, after other jurisdictions have announced similar plans, they will still arrest anyone for concealed carry violations.
    “If they choose to arrest someone, we will not prosecute if the above criteria are met,” added Walker. “This decision to allow concealed carry in Randolph County has been discussed with local law enforcement and Sheriff Mike Hoelscher. I have discussed this issue at great length with Mike, and he fully supports my decision and the Second Amendment. If the governor decides to act on the legislation before him, I will revisit this issue, but for now I ask citizens to be responsible and use common sense in their carrying of concealed weapons.”
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)
    I know States Attorney Jeremy Walker. He is a no BS guy and has always been on the good side of the gun battle. Being a resident of Randolph County myself, I commend him for taking such a pro-gun stance. Gov. Quinn can stick it up his butt and rotate.

FYI: This is the second Southern Illinois County to take this stance. Madison County was first on board. I look for several more to follow suit.
  3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    In the Cabana
    I hope they all do
  4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    This guy better get ready for a visit from the IRS or EPA or ATF or some hoods from Chicago.

5. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Mar 14, 2006
    By hoods from Chicago I assume you mean BO and Rahm's political goon/hit squads.