1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Randolph Co.adopts 2nd amendment resolution

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Orange Irish, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

May 1, 2007
    From the Sparta News-plaindealer.... Randolph co. board approved a resolution Friday night opposing legislation targeting 2nd amend. rights. It also noted some concern over the misunderstanding of rural lifestyles by the chicago legislators who drafted this legislation (Senate bill 16). The WSRC is mentioned, as is the Pike Co. resolution. I'm sure someone on here smarter that I can post a link. Also I would like to thank Edgarmcm of this site for his letters to the editors of the local papers. I beleive that these letters helped to spur this action.

EDGARMCM TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Orange Irish:

When I sent the e mail to the Sparta News-Plaindealer I had not thought about it appearing in the paper. I had provided a link to what Pike County had done. The whole Pike county article was published in the paper. I did not know it was in the paper until I attended a wedding anniversay for friends and people there told me that it was in the paper.

I also sent the same e mail to a member of the Randolph County Board of Supervisors. Glad to see that it may have had some influence.

I currently live about 200 miles north of the WSRC but grew about 1 mile south of the WSRC. I have followed that project since it started several years ago. Just can not see spending 50 - 60 million dollars to build the facility and then outlawing the firearms it was built for.

I understand that the stated has sold some ground by Pinkneyville that is to be developed into a theme park. Hopefully more economic development in the area. Would give the families of those attending events at the WSRC another place to go. Hope that one works out.
  3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Jun 9, 2006

That sale of state land around Pinkneyville is in negotation, there was a story on the St. Louis NPR station this morning stating that the parties are in negotation with the state.

We who live in rural area (Burksville IL) for me, need to VOTE in every election, we need to VOTE for people who believe in what we believe. We need to get everyone we know who lives in our area to VOTE I am talking 80 or 90% turnout in the rural areas to override the urban. If not we who live in the rural area will be governed by the laws written for the urbanites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.