1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Randolph CMT Lenses - Seeking input

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hubcap, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Would be interested in your input on the CMT lenses from Randolph. What conditions are the best in? What conditions should they be avoided?

Thanks

Hubcap

2. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Agree with above. Bright lite only. Great for that.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not to be a smart ass, but they only work with orange targets. Also from past posts, there have mixed reviews from those with CMT Rx lenses - plano lenses seem to work fine, but some Rx users had complaints.

Jay Spitz

4. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I agree, bright (very bright) light on orange targets and they work well. Any other conditions and they will cost you targets.

5. KK

KK TS Member

Save your money if you are getting perscription lenses. Mine make my vision a little fuzzy and even in bright light the targets fuzz out on me and are not clear. The orange targets do show up great, really too much. I have used mine once or twice and now they stay in the bag for the majority of the time. KK

6. JEB

JEB Active Member

I believe that lens color is a very subjective thing: what's good for one, doesn't work for someone else. My experience with CMT lens (Rx) has not been good. They do a great job of highlighting orange targets on bright days, but the birds are fuzzy and streaky. For me, purple and/or butterscotch work much better. I know a few people that bought the CMT, but I do not know anyone that actually uses them.

J Bergman

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The best tip I ever got on this site was to get Decot's "orange ice" lenses.

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I like the CMT lens for sunny days. I have not experienced any blurring or fuzzing, but I also have good uncorrected vision. I like purple on cloudy days better for what it is worth.

My club is supposed to get green targets sometime soon, at that point I will have to switch to a different color lens.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

OH...I should have mentioned I used the CMT plano lenses with contacts and have had no problems.

When you wear the CMTs be prepared that anything that has reddish spectrum color starts looking a bit exagerated/amplified (ladies with red hair or red highlights, signs, red/brown equipment)- its part of what makes CMT, CMT. Takes a little getting used to!

Jay

10. yuccaknob

yuccaknob TS Member

I use CMT's all the time. It's amazing how they brighten up the orange. I see the target quicker even on bad days. Mine are corrected for astigmatism. They are well worth the investment.
    Don

11. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

hubcap
    i have a set of the cmt lenses that i would sell for 30$ let me know if you would like them. i think they work great. i just bought a set of the xlt frames and the color mag was the first set of lenses that i bought. lee

12. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

CMTs definitely do not work for me. Way too dark, even in bright sun, and distort colors too much.

13. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Skeetiee - you've got mail

hubcap

14. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

When I go get my eyes check and have a new presciption for new lenses I have the old ones colored at the Dr. offices. Usually its just my trifocles that need changed and not my regular lenses. I can not tell the difference for the high dollar shooting glasses that are on the market. All they do is take your prescription and dip them for the color you want.
    Cost me about 25 bucks to have my saftey glasses colored any color I want and about 10 minutes waiting time.

15. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Yup they are great for bright sunny blue sky days. I used mine today. If there is much over cast they are to dark. But for clear sunny days there is nothing better. The target looks like it has a light bulb in it.

16. Clear N Focus

Clear N Focus TS Member

CMT's are awesome (I don't have Rx). You will never see an orange clay so highlighted in sunny conditions or against blue sky. Randolph dealers at shoots offer three-lens sets in the frame for this very reason. I use the CMT's in most conditions, and when it gets real cloudy, I throw in the medium yellow. If it's average out, I use Vermillions which block out the green in the tree background at my club. I recently started shooting at night after work, and ordered a set of the pale yellow lenses from a dealer. They are great for this time of day and only cost me $30.00 for the lenses.

17. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

Best possible lenses for bright conditions, a cloud between the sun and your target and you are screwed..

Everett Haley, Jr.

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mid day( like 1200-1400) -- young eyes only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cmt lenses shooting glasses

ranger cmt lens review
ranger cmt lenses review
what color are cmt glasses