1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Randolph CMT Lense

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LABS4U0, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

Do these lenses really make a difference in target acquisition? Looking at purchasing a set of the new XLW frames with the CMT lense. They seem to be a bit pricy at $239.95, are they worth it? Thx, Darren

2. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

LABS4U0

I purchased my Ranger Frames & CMTs from Morgan Optical in 2005 and love them. If at all possible try a pair before you buy. They make the target bright and darken the background.

Gavin

3. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Darron, I have a brand new set of what you are looking at for $185.00incl s/h
    I interested email me back. Thanks Doug

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The advice from PBB & Gavin is right on. Everyones sensitivity to color and light is different - borrow a pair of CMT plano lenses if possible to determine if they'll work for you. At $85 retail +/-, they're quite a bit more, but if they work for you - they're worth every penny.

Jay Spitz

5. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Realize that these lenses have a limited life span. They fade over time and become less effective. I don't know what factors effect the degradation, but exposure to sunlight might be one of them. A friend who used his more than I used mine had his fail sooner.

I did like them, on the brightest of days. Since mine have faded, I find that I no longer prefer them, and have decided not to replace them.

6. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

Worst pair of leanses I've owned. Good on only bright sunny days.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

good only during the middle of the day- on the brightest days

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- might depend on your age- if you are 20 - it might extend the period you can use these

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I purchased mine a few years from Morgan Optical in prescription and like them very much. One thing I found though is only use them on a bright, cloudless day. I use the bright yellow on intermittent cloudy, or overcast days, but on bright clear days it's the CMTs as they bring the orange target into a clear bright red disc.

Dave in NY

9. trap41

trap41 TS Member

excellent set of lenses.... I use them in all conditions

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I agree with those you suggest you try a set first. Try a friend's or see a dealer at any modestly large shoot. For me they made the target go too dark, fuzzily glowing and too red. They enhance anything red/orange. They were too dark for me even in bright sunlight. PBB said it. It's a love or hate thing.

11. Montagnana2

Montagnana2 TS Member

Darren,

I have the partial red/green color blindness that affects many males and tried these lenses in hopes they would help. They didn't, and I sold them to someone who absolutley loves them. So it's definitely in the eye of the beholder. Try them before you buy them.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.