1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ran into some Royal Scot Powder..need loading info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Jack, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Got a call from a widow offering some reloading suplies for sale. There is a container of Royal Scot powder but I can't locate any info for loading. I don't have the can in my possession yet so I'm not even sure who produced the powder. Help, please.

Big Jack

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Jack, there were two kinds of Royal Scot powder, one so named, the other called Royal Scot D meaning dense. The loading data you use will depend on which you have. If you gave us an idea on how much shot and how fast, I think we can help.

Neil

3. Big Jack

Thanks Neil, I guess I'll have to wait 'till I get the stuff in my hands and read the labels. Planning on 1 oz around 1220 if it will work.

4. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

After reading your question about Royal Scot powder, I went down into my reloading "dungeon" (my wife's affectionate name for it). I just knew that I had the remnants of a complimentary, trial size 6 oz. can - much of which I had used for crafting shells many-a-moon ago.

After reading the side of the can, it brought my memory back. When this powder was first introduced, they provided a reloading data sheet , right along with the can. If THAT still exists in my dungeon, heaven only knows where !

It does say, however, that the powder is made in Czechoslovakia ; imported and packaged by the Scot Powder Company of Ohio, Inc. - Cleveland , Ohio, U.S.A.
    The can also states that Royal Scot D replaces Royal Scot for all applications, and that it should only be used to reload shotgun and pistol ammunition with the components and in the amounts specified in the most current edition of the SCOT POWDER COMPANY RELOADING MANUAL.

Reading the can also reminded me what made me try this powder in the first place. It is has a virgin nitrocotton, stablilizers and graphite composition - much like that of Solo1000, which is what I was primarily using back then - and do to this day.

I hope this might steer you in the direction of locating pertinent reloading data for Royal Scot. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for the sheet that came with the can. One never knows what might pop up in the dungeon !

5. steele

steele TS Member

Like a lot of guys on TS, I save old stuff for no known reason. After seeing your post, I went rooting around & found an old reloading manual for Scot powders, 8th edition from 1993. Provide a mailing address & I'll drop it in the mail.
    Butch

6. steele

steele TS Member

Big Jack, Since I haven't heard from you, should I assume you don't want the Scot reloading manual?? I had a few other guys inquire about it, but I told them you had first option. Just let me have an address & I'll mail it to you.
    Butch

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm positive I have an old Scott manual in my years of accumulation and not throwing anything away. If I still do I'll consider copying it for a SASE but I won't sell it.

dprom@comcast.net

8. Big Jack

Found one Dave, Thanks anyway!

Big Jack

9. steele

steele TS Member

Since I haven't heard either way from Big Jack, I still have three of the Scot Powder Manuals for anyone who asked. For you guys that wanted them, they are still here. Send just an address & they are yours.
    Butch

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I have the first edition 88-89 if anyone needs information. Also have manual for pistol, rifle, for Royal Scot,Pearl Scot,Solo 1000,1250,1500.

Regards...Gerald

11. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I recently got scott reloading info from SCOT'S rep
    If you'll email me your e-mail address I'll forward it to you.
    JIM

12. DBLMTHM

DBLMTHM Member

I just came across 15-20lbs of Royal Scot powder. Do you still have one of the manuals for this powder? I sure would appreciate any help you can give me.
    David Lawhon
    933 Leatherstocking Trail
    Mountain Home, Arkansas 72653

Phone 870-424-5190.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

13. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I had eight kegs of Royal Scot D Powder years ago. If memory serves me right, Don Zutz wrote about the powder, and I beleive he felt it was inconsistent. You should be able to find his review in Shotgun Sports Magazine.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

royal scot d powder

royal scot gunpowder

royal scot powder for sale

royal scot powder shotshell loading data

royal scot reloading data

royal scott powder company

royal scott powder loading data

scott reloading data