1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raising Head and POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Unknown1, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

#1 is true

#2 depends on how high you have your POI set. I point my barrels at 4, 6 and 8 o'clock a given distance below the target to break them. I'm look at the target but above the end of the barrel.

MK

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

He is not literally saying he is raising his head when he shoots. At least that is the way I read it.

Bryan

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Simone,

I agree with both those statements.

John C. Saubak

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What Rick said. I think all three of those things are linked in one sequence, not necessarily in that order, 95% of the time.

If you move your comb up, you will shoot higher. If you "Float" the bird higher above the bead you will shoot lower. That is if you keep your cheek on the stock, which is absolutly key! Jon

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

You could probably roughly calculate the POI difference. Measure how far 'up' your head goes when raised. Calculate how many barrrel lengths there are between the muzzle and your average target break distance. Multiply that number times the distance you measured and wala: that's how far of a POI impact you made. Probably about a 1/2 pattern-width or so with a full choke???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.