1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raised Rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smaj, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smaj

smaj TS Member

Anyone ever heard of a magnetic raised rib.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Yes, instead of drilling and tapping, using glue or two sided tape the rib is held in place with small magnets. The bottom of the rib is slotted and fits on the existing rib. The magnets also help align the molecules in the barrel so it shoots straight with denser patterns. HMB

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

*sniff*, *sniff*... I smell bait....or, is it, Bull....

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

hmb,

I can see where the barrel harmonics would be greatly enhanced by the proper alignment of the molecules. Just think of the patterns that such a barrel would produce. Maybe we can Neil to do a report, with all of his charts and graphs, on the benefits of the this.

ec90t

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Every time I raise my Trap gun it automatically points to true North. Maybe my barrel is already magnetized too much? No wonder I've been missing! ;)

AndyH

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you don't have any magnets handy you can wrap the end of the barrel with wire and connect to a 12 volt battery. This will align the molecules and produce amazing patterns. HMB

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

MRK SLC,

Do those rare earth magnets have to be cryrogenicaly treated prior to installation or can it be done after assembled?

ec90t

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

i have for sale a Custom Made Keens Add on rib 7/8 " high which i took off of my MX3,it is tappered from front to back to fit right over my rib,$135.00+ delivery.

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would appreciate someone providing some references to "rare earth magnets" as they apply to shooting for reading and research. This is new to me.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Our Club Treasurer made a high rib from wood, painted it black and used electrical tape to attach it to his Perazzi.

At the last shoot, a cold, windy, and rainy day it was, he ran the lone 100 off the 16. The weather was so bad we had no Caps or Dubs. Some of the targets could have been mistaken for Five Stand birds.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Keen Ribs, the only way to go, for an add-on.

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

love dem raised ribs, specially the ones you need a stepladder to shoot. puablo
    [​IMG]

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Keen add on rib that I got for my BT-99. 3/4 high 3/8 wide and 32" long same pitch as stock just higher. It fits dead on the 34" BT-99 barrel. I'm selling it for $150. shipped.
    I had another one made with a taper so the gun would shoot higher than stock. That was my own mistake when I orderd the frist one. Just email if interested.

14. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I shot at the club the other night, it was pretty cold, will that be enough to cryo the barrel? Also, I believe there was some harmonica music on the way to the club, I suspect it is now in harmony . I cannot use magnets, I have been told that I am hard headed and I am afraid if I put magnets on the gun it will force my head to stay down.

Charlie

15. smaj

smaj TS Member

W#hat is the length and width and how is it attached. Thanks JIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

keen add-on rib

magnetic rasied rib
perazzi high tech
perazzi raised rib barrels
shooting with a raised rib