1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raining like hell!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by W.R.Buchanan, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Well guys, it's Sunday Morning here in Sunny CA, and it is raining like hell.

In fact it has been raining continuously since early Friday. Supposed to keep raining til next Wednesday. We've gottem stacked up all the way to Alaska.

It is this type of storm pattern that causes all of the mudslides and related crap out here, so be prepared to see a bunch of mayhem on the evening news.

You can bet all of you people in the states immediately east of CA will be getting hammered too. Enjoy the snow.

I'll be having fun today keeping drains open and shoveling mud.

Have a nice day!

Randy

Actually I must confess,,,, I love this stuff.

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

I wish it was warm enough here to rain.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We just went through a couple of weeks of that in Oregon. It's a storm pattern called the "Pineapple Express". Warm, wet air from the Hawaii area comes in, dumping a lot of rain. Temps in the mid to high 50's. Reached 60 degrees one day. Gullywasher rain. We had some flooding in areas, but not too serious. There wasn't a lot of snow in the coast range or foothills of the Cascades. If there had been, it would have melted and caused major flooding.

Right now there's blue sky over my house, it's 40 degrees, and the wind is blowing hard. Won't last. We'll have more rain shortly.

4. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

Randy are you close to Stockton??
    I am in Vally springs and not only is it raining like hell the wind is blowing like hell too
    I am kinda nervice. about a couple of my trees.
    Pete

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Send it to us, it's drier than a popcorn fart in N Texas

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We have the Pineapple express here in what use to be a nice dry high desert. Really putting a damper on my plans to hunt birds over the next couple of weeks. Haven't even thought about clay targets .... think I'll watch the Shining again .....

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Pete,
    I'm in Groveland not that far from you. As of noon today we are approaching

6" of rain since Friday. Wind has been howling all morning. Was going to

head to Stockton T & S for some practice on Wednesday but I think it

won't happen. Probably a good week to catch up on reloading if we don't

loose power. Already went off once this morning. Van Pierce lives over in

Vally Springs. Do you know him??

Mike Cunningham ATA Life Vet

Where are you at Randy???

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Doc: I'm in Ojai, which is in between Ventura and Santa Barbara about 15 miles inland. We get a little more rain than the pure coastal towns because the weather has a tendancy to back up against the mountains a few miles to the north.

Really this rain is exactly waht we need. We get most of our local water from Lake Casitas which right now is about 40 feet low! We need this type of rain to continue for another 4-6 Weeks to fill it back up to where it was in early 2005 when we moved here.

We'll see how it all pans out. I'm all warm and fuzzy in the house now after clearing drains on the roof in the driving rain this morning. My whole property is an excercise in water diversion, and when everything is working, it is a sight to behold. I pass literally millions of gallons an hour thru my drain system into a Vee ditch that would rival the log ride at Disneyland.

I'll send up a flare if we start washing down the river .

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Randy

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what!

I'd trade all of your rain for the white stuff I have on the ground here............and there is more coming tomorrow.

Hauxfan!

10. neofight

neofight TS Member

I'm here on the Southern Orry-Gone coast and i am here to tell you it is coming down in buckets. We had a scheduled fun event shoot at the local club, so i thought i would drive over to see if anyone was fool enough to show. Surprise! Big turnout. The rain was coming down sideways in the wind, then the lightning and thunder started, then it hailed like crazy, but they kept calling our names, so being the fool that i am, i kept on shooting.

it's so nice to be back home by the fire. I did win a turkey and a big slab of Taylor Meats bacon, so not all was lost. It's still raining......

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Snowing hard right now, and sticking, but it won't last. Not cold enough.

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Still raining in Santa Clarita... yuk. Even the field trial spaniel is tired of being wet. She can come and go in the garage with a heater, but goes outside and loves being wet. The boxer and poodle are just plain tierd of the rain and we have to throw them out to take of business. Bought new Christmas lights this year and the fuses keep blowing out -- time to get 20 amp big boys. My wife is from Ohio and she tells me this is why she moved... wet. damp, and ugly out. Snow would be a nice change. If anybody has seen the sun in the last 72 hours, let us know. Happy Hollidays to All. Fred

13. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

No Sun in the last 72 hours here in Groveland. Temp is now at 38 degrees

which means maybe damn snow. This is really a big one! We're at almost

3000 feet and it just keeps getting worse. If any of you are heading to Yosimite

be sure and bring chains. By the time this is over, we'll be at our yearly

total for water.

Hope those of you in So Cal don't get any slides from this. Pete, how is it

over in Valley Springs???

Mike C.

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Al Gore said it is NOT happening it is all a lie. UK having the coldest December on record.

Rock

Jim

15. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

It is 8:30 Monday morning the rain and wind have stopped for now.(more on the way)
    only lost a couple of limbs (oak trees). the drive is a mud pit(after the holidays order a truck of road base). the recycling bin got blown over and all the plastic is scattered to hell and gone.ect. ect. I have 7 acres out side of town this storm has given me about a weeks worth of work cleaning up.
    on another note I disked about 3 or 4 acres about 2 weeks ago and all of the rock have come up the service any of you have some kids that need some hard labor.
    I will teach them how to use a rock magnet
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.