1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow Bridge - Pets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mchaggis, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mchaggis

Mchaggis TS Member

Could someone please put on a copy of the poem "Rainbow Bridge", I have seen it on here before and I would like to give it to a friend. Thanks, Jason

2. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

This is such a good short story that it should be made into a stickey on here. Almost all of us on here have had that special pet and lost him or her. Every time that I read this I get a little tear in my eyes. Was trying to read this to my wife the other day and had to stop. Just printed it off to keep.

Back to the top for Rajh and everyone else that has lost their best friend.

John

4. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

And back up again for Finnegan, Rikki, Laska, Apollo, Figaro and Djinni. Just hope Djinni isn't causing trouble; she didn't necessarily work and play well with others. But she was always a good girl. They are all sorely missed and I am eager to see them all again.

Tony

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Now, ain't that just all too warm and fuzzy.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

I can see grammie running to tape this on his refrigerator right now...and emailing a copy to Odie with big exclamation points...

7. zinger

zinger Member

thank you...I put down my 38yr old mare an hour ago..Shaniko was a good horse.

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I am now at the age where I like "almost" all dogs better than most people!

9. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Thank you I will pass this on to friends at the needed time. Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.